TravelTalkOnline

Some Nagico checks bounce..

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Some Nagico checks bounce.. - 01/27/2018 01:56 PM

Daily Herald link

Yikes!! Looks like they've got it resolved now, but wow, that would be a kick in the teeth, huh????
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Some Nagico checks bounce.. - 01/27/2018 01:59 PM

Bouncing insurance settlement checks! Deplorable, shameful, inexcusable, unforgivable, reprehensible, despicable, abominable, contemptible, execrable, heinous, beyond the pale...

Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Some Nagico checks bounce.. - 01/27/2018 04:04 PM

"due to very demanding bank compliance requirements"

Um, like...having MONEY IN THE ACCOUNT?! lol
Posted By: kim

Re: Some Nagico checks bounce.. - 01/27/2018 04:35 PM

Still waiting!!!!!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Some Nagico checks bounce.. - 01/27/2018 05:16 PM

Uhmn, yeah, that's what I was thinking!!!! duh
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Some Nagico checks bounce.. - 01/27/2018 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by kim
Still waiting!!!!!

ditto but I have Boogaard insurance...

#ReleaseTheMoneyNagico
#ReleaseTheMoneyBoogaard

STILL WAITING
NO ROOF
NO REPAIRS TILL I GET MY INSURANCE CHECK
I HAVE TO RENT TO STAY IN SXM
MY VILLA IS NOT SAFE
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jay&Kath

Re: Some Nagico checks bounce.. - 01/27/2018 10:48 PM

That's [censored]
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: Some Nagico checks bounce.. - 01/27/2018 11:08 PM

Feel for you!

But we still also have blue tarps on our roof here in Florida. Not trying to make lite of your situation, but you are not the only one either. How about you putting up tarps on your roof, like I did??? Might help?

BTW -- my guess is that it will be March, maybe, before we get our roof replace, if we are lucky! And that is optomistic probably actually May 2018 is more realistic, on my part.

That is only seven/eight/nine months. :hairy

So carribean time is slower than US time, who would have thought???? Buy some tarps and fix, simple? You have to do some things yourself to protect your own property.... that is what I did when water was leaking in from Irma.. Ok you were not there then, but you are now.... get the roof covered, this is stupid simple.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Some Nagico checks bounce.. - 01/27/2018 11:31 PM

Eric
Like I said in Sept. it will be 6 months ( or more) before the people with insurance claims will know the status of their claims. It will be 3+ years before SXM will be semi normal and 5 years to possible recuperate from Irma. That is IF there are no other hurricanes. I never understood why some people think the island will be back to "normal" in a couple of months. Hurricanes are a catastrophe to an island. They can change the island forever. For some reason people think that every place has expensive insurance ( if they can get insured at all). And if they do repairs will be done in a few weeks.

Wendell
Posted By: ColinsMema

Re: Some Nagico checks bounce.. - 01/28/2018 12:03 AM

I heard from Nagico yesterday and they said my check is ready for pick-up. Since I will not be on the island until March 25 so I asked if they could mail it to me. I got a response that said No. It would have to be cashed or deposited in St. Maarten. I don't have a bank account there yet, was waiting until I retire. Advice????
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Some Nagico checks bounce.. - 01/28/2018 12:06 AM

Talk to your on island insurance agent
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: Some Nagico checks bounce.. - 01/28/2018 02:24 AM

Thanks Wendell. Finally a post from someone who knows what is realistic. You are so correct with your projections. We have been there, done that. We lived through Bad Sandy and you are right on! Folks, Wendell is 100% correct with what he is saying. We are in the USA, not SXM and when it comes to insurance, claims, repairs, etc., etc., etc., you will wait.no matter where you are. Some don't get it and you will be a lot better off to accept the things you cannot change. To Eric, we waited over 5 years to get done what had to be done, so hang in there, you may wait a long, long, time.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Some Nagico checks bounce.. - 01/28/2018 11:28 AM

We don't have Nagico, but finally got our insurance $ last week wired directly to our account. Finally can get repairs going, IF we can find someone to do it!

Re: Some Nagico checks bounce.. - 01/28/2018 01:27 PM

Same problem here, getting somebody. Our repairs are a two step process. Step one is supposed to happen next weekend. Once that is done then can deal with the roof. I gave up in December trying to get somebody out to even give an estimate on the roof. People would not even return a phone call. But it really did not make any difference until the first part is done and completed.

I think now, maybe, some of the worst crunch is abating, so maybe after next week I will be able to get some estimates and then it will be waiting until they can get the materials and schedule the re-roof.

At least it is the dry season here, so that is the good thing and a lot of blue plastic.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Some Nagico checks bounce.. - 01/28/2018 01:50 PM

Dont hire the Shirk Brothers, you know the carpenters and plumbers from the Tom Hanks movie “Money Pit”

Re: Some Nagico checks bounce.. - 01/28/2018 03:20 PM

Yes going to make sure of them, whoever it might be. Have a list to call. The re-roof here requires full permits, etc. So will make sure of all of that before any money leaves our hands.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline