TravelTalkOnline

Quick Question

Posted By: doctorj

Quick Question - 03/03/2018 10:49 PM

I read that Perch Lite is charging in US dollars. Are there any bars on Orient accepting credit cards or is it all cash?
In Orient Village are there a couple of places to have dinner?
Thanks,
carib cheers,
doctorj
Posted By: vetteguy

Re: Quick Question - 03/04/2018 02:19 AM

Perch Lite and Chez Leandra are the only 2 places on Orient that you can buy a drink or food and I believe it is cash only.
In the Village you have 3 options, Cote Plage, Little Italy and Petit Bistrot.
Work on 2 other restaurants is progressing but it may be a while until they are open.
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Quick Question - 03/04/2018 02:42 AM

Not sure, but appreciate the update on what is open on Orient Beach. Why not just pay in cash?
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Quick Question - 03/04/2018 01:41 PM

Yes cash if you can then they don't have credit card fees.
Posted By: doctorj

Re: Quick Question - 03/04/2018 01:49 PM

Thanks,
The card I use doesn’t have foreign transaction fees but I just wanted to think about how much cash to bring. We always just ran a tab at the Perch and Papagayo charged to our room. We always took cash to the beach bars. Thanks so much for the responses. This is a whole new experience not staying at Club O. We are spoiled and can’t wait for the new and improved Club O to reopen.
carib cheers,
doctorj
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Quick Question - 03/04/2018 03:26 PM

Do they have a landline? No landline may mean no credit card machine.
Posted By: kccouple

Re: Quick Question - 03/04/2018 03:26 PM

Do any credit cards still charge fees? We rarely deal with cash or ATMs...just our pref.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Quick Question - 03/04/2018 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by kccouple
Do any credit cards still charge fees? We rarely deal with cash or ATMs...just our pref.

Yes.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Quick Question - 03/04/2018 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by kccouple

I believe the fees being referred to are those incurred by the merchant for processing. If you pay cash, their cost is lower. wink
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Quick Question - 03/04/2018 05:01 PM

There are still some credit cards out there at charge a foreign transaction fee and/or a conversion fee. Best to check with your individual credit card and find or get it in print. Most of this can be found online, read the fine print of your agreement or make a phone call to the card in question.

Some restaurants will give a break on cash and also give a better euro/dollar exchange rate, but it will only be if paying in CASH.
Posted By: ChiTownHarry

Re: Quick Question - 03/04/2018 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
Some restaurants will give a break on cash and also give a better euro/dollar exchange rate, but it will only be if paying in CASH.

Super U is doing $1.15 = 1 Euro
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline