TravelTalkOnline

Sublime Restaurant inSimpson Bay

Posted By: phillygirl7

Sublime Restaurant inSimpson Bay - 03/05/2018 11:27 PM

OK, this restaurant, Sublime Restaurant, originally broke off from Temptations, went to theSummit,and is now back again in Simpson Bay. Off the beaten path, but not to be beaten. Make sure you make the effort to find them, I found them quite by accident with my morning walks. If you know where White Swan is, turn right and you will find them quickly. We had lovely appetizers, main course, dessert, and I told Das I needed some wine to enhance the whole experience My husband is a steak man but the two appetizers were so amazing he forgot about steak. So many specials and great menu offerings, we can't wait to experience more the next visit. 5 star all the way. Laughter is mandatory,
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Sublime Restaurant inSimpson Bay - 03/05/2018 11:39 PM

Is that next to Harry's or did it take that location?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Sublime Restaurant inSimpson Bay - 03/06/2018 12:01 AM

No, that is not exactly correct, that it was a RESTAURANT that broke off from Temptation, single, not Temptations. A chef from Temptation opened up his own restaurant in Cupecoy at the Summit, apparently without telling Dino that he was doing so, according to what Dino himself posted here on TTOL. He may have a decent restaurant, but I wonder why he would burn his bridges with Dino like that, after working for him for 9 years.

Re: Sublime Restaurant inSimpson Bay - 03/06/2018 10:50 AM

I don't know the backstory on why they left Temptations, but 9 years is a long time to be working in the restaurant business, I get it people move along. The restaurant is across the street from Uncle Harry's. We asked them about Uncle Harry's as it has not been open since we have been here, they said something happened and the people running it apparently returned to the states
Posted By: Tom

Re: Sublime Restaurant inSimpson Bay - 03/06/2018 11:34 AM

As we are all often reminded, likely there is more than one version of this story.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Sublime Restaurant inSimpson Bay - 03/06/2018 12:13 PM

Haven't been to the new location yet, but we enjoyed the food at the Summit location. And now they have a great bartender!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Sublime Restaurant inSimpson Bay - 03/06/2018 01:17 PM

phillygirl--my issue is not that he moved on, people do that. My issue is with your statement that it was a RESTAURANT that was part of Temptation, which it was not. That seems to indicate that Dino approved of the restaurant, which in fact, he had no knowledge of whatsoever.

Re: Sublime Restaurant inSimpson Bay - 03/06/2018 01:35 PM

Sorry for so stating.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Sublime Restaurant inSimpson Bay - 03/06/2018 06:30 PM

I really enjoyed the meal I had at Sublime last year so thanks for the information on their new location.
Posted By: irish1223

Re: Sublime Restaurant inSimpson Bay - 03/06/2018 07:10 PM

Another new place to try in June. Thanks for the info!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline