TravelTalkOnline

Netflix

Posted By: BGH

Netflix - 03/06/2018 06:17 PM

Does Anyone know if Netflix ( Canadian version ) can be accessed in Sxm ? I am thinking one option would be bringing my Apple TV modem which has Netflix on board ..
Posted By: tbaybob

Re: Netflix - 03/06/2018 07:31 PM

I have used our Canadian Netflix while staying in Mt Vernon.I streamed it using Apple TV.The programs and movies were different than in Canada.You do need good internet.
Posted By: dkupersmith

Re: Netflix - 03/07/2018 03:13 AM

Netflix works in many countries worldwide now, including SXM. The contracts are different in each zone so you will find some things not available and yet have the opportunity to view things not available to you in your home territory.
Posted By: decaym

Re: Netflix - 03/07/2018 05:10 PM

I've used Netflix while in Saint Martin, but it didn't give me the same shows as in the US. I believe it uses the France licensed content. One thing you may be able to do to get around this, use a proxy service back in the US or setup your computer at home to act as a proxy server. I've done that before and then had my tablet connect back to a computer at home so it looked to the outside world like it was in the US.
Posted By: Jay&Kath

Re: Netflix - 03/09/2018 01:02 PM

Ive never had time to watch tv in SXM
Posted By: kim

Re: Netflix - 03/09/2018 01:44 PM

I have been able to get my US Netflix to work fine. As well as the ABC, NBC, CBS and CNN news apps to work on the Roku. Hulu not so much.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Netflix - 03/09/2018 02:15 PM

Only thing with my "US" Netfix here is when they announce a new offering, it is delayed by several months before the content is available here.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Netflix - 03/10/2018 03:38 PM

Has anyone brought their FireStick down and tried that? I'm wondering......
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Netflix - 03/10/2018 03:57 PM

I have used my Firestick outside the USA. It works but says "We noticed that you are outside the USA. Some titles may not be available" We usually don't watch much TV on vacay so i can't tell you what was missing.

Obviously the wifi strength is major in determining how well the shows flow without buffering
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Netflix - 03/10/2018 04:44 PM

Our firestick works, but streaming is a problem unless you have exceptional internet.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline