TravelTalkOnline

Alamanda

Posted By: Brian&Andi

Alamanda - 03/14/2018 08:05 PM

Has anyone heard news on Alamanda Resort? No info on their website...

Saw one video from a drone and the property looked better than expected, although I'm sure it's awful...at least it was still there!

Any info appreciated...

Thanks,
B
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Alamanda - 03/15/2018 01:01 AM

The kitchen is open and I believe they are serving lunch, etc. But, the hotel itself won't reopen for guests until late 2018 or early 2019. Same is true for Palm Court which is operated by the same company in the states. But, it appears as if Palm Court may open sooner than Alamanda. I think they're shooting for November 1st. I'm still waiting for updates on both properties before planning anything definitive later this year.
Posted By: rpotter28

Re: Alamanda - 11/10/2018 04:47 PM

I just heard from friends of mine, that Palm Court just called them and said they won't be ready for their booking on January 2, 2019. Moving them to Alamanda, so I guess it's going to be ready first?
Posted By: mtncat395

Re: Alamanda - 11/12/2018 11:59 AM

The Alamanda kitchen is closed. There was a fire there a few months ago and it will not be reopening. As for the hotel, it’s still looking pretty bad. Have heard that the rooms were individually owned and only a few of the owners had insurance. I don’t think it’s looking up for the Alamanda, unfortunately because it was a nice place to stay back in the day.

Re: Alamanda - 11/13/2018 12:57 AM

Thank you for that. They are going to call Palm Court again and confirm.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Alamanda - 11/13/2018 01:25 AM

Maybe check out La Playa Hotel for opening? Hope they can make it.

Re: Alamanda - 11/14/2018 04:53 PM

It was the Esmeralda, not Alamanda !
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline