TravelTalkOnline

Music streaming on island

Posted By: Angelface

Music streaming on island - 03/15/2018 03:54 PM

hey folks! Does anyone know if Spotify (or another music streaming service) all work on island? Thanks!
Posted By: DannynGinger

Re: Music streaming on island - 03/15/2018 04:57 PM

I use Pandora and I heart radio when we are on the island. Just make sure you have a good wi-fi connection.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Music streaming on island - 03/15/2018 04:59 PM

Personally, we have had no luck streaming music here. When I try to long into Pandora (and others) I'm told they do not have an international license.
Posted By: bluejacket

Re: Music streaming on island - 03/15/2018 07:11 PM

We've used Amazon prime music and it worked quite well.
Posted By: caeguy

Re: Music streaming on island - 03/15/2018 09:17 PM

I've had to VPN in back to the US to get Pandora to work as well as to get local (SXM) stations to stream.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Music streaming on island - 03/16/2018 01:02 PM

I used spotify last summer....no problems.

Re: Music streaming on island - 03/16/2018 01:32 PM

I can't even open Pandora. Just tried this minute and it say it's not available outside the US. I do know it works if you have a VPN
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Music streaming on island - 03/16/2018 01:54 PM

Yup....logged into my vpn like I was in London and got the same thing.....should work in reverse though (in SXM log in to a US location)

Pandora isn’t available where you are… yet.
Pandora is only available in the U.S. right now – but we are working on bringing our music service to other parts of the world.
Posted By: wabid

Re: Music streaming on island - 03/16/2018 01:58 PM

My US based Pandora account does get blocked in St. Martin. However, Pandora will work in offline mode.

Enable it in Pandora settings. With that turned on, it will cache music from you top 4 stations on your device. Obviously you need to turn this on and start listening before you leave your respective country. Keep in mind other services may work, however it all comes down to licensing and the user agreement we never read. If the service sees you are coming in from a country that is not licensed or not your country of original origin...the door gets shut.

As stated above Virtual Private Networks. ( VPNs ) do work because you connect to your VPN in your home country and it in turn connects you to the service. (I did a lengthy explanation regarding VPNs and Netflix, Hulu et al...awhile back that can help explain)

When needed I use the VPN on my work PC and connect accordingly. My employer doesn't care because we provide streaming services however with many companies this is prohibited. A personal VPN is best bet if you want all of your services to work. Personally, I really haven't had need to use that type of connection much, I can (more like need to) live without my devices while there.... unless I want to watch a Packer game. That's important.

Re: Music streaming on island - 03/16/2018 02:34 PM

Thanks, I'll have to remember that settings trick whenever I get back to the states. My home country is St Maarten so it would be nice to have my Pandora, at least part of it!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline