TravelTalkOnline

Question Simpson Bay Resort

Posted By: MissSunfish

Question Simpson Bay Resort - 04/09/2018 10:50 PM

Hi everyone,

Well, I'm finally going back to the Caribbean after 11 long years and am super excited! I'll be staying at Simpson Bay Resort in B209. Does anyone know what kind of view that room has? Also, any idea which rooms or bldg has beach view?

Thanks in advance 😊
Posted By: Larry

Re: Question Simpson Bay Resort - 04/09/2018 11:24 PM

B209 is a studio unit in the lower B building facing away from the beach and facing the central B pool. It has no view. Odd numbered units in those buildings are lockout studio units which face away from the ocean.
Posted By: Grammiemarge

Re: Question Simpson Bay Resort - 04/09/2018 11:40 PM

If you remember, the building is up the hill and a bit of a walk from the beach. If you
have a car you can drive down and park in front of the Flamboyant building.
Posted By: dmwieser

Re: Question Simpson Bay Resort - 04/10/2018 02:37 PM

I would stay at the villas on one of the upper floors. Great water views with the nicest accommodations.
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: Question Simpson Bay Resort - 04/10/2018 04:29 PM

To the OP. I would think about dmweiser's suggestion. The Villas are much nicer and have everything you are looking for. Check out their website.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Question Simpson Bay Resort - 04/10/2018 05:02 PM

I agree but there are other factors with one being how was it booked?
... Exchange? Then it kinda is fixed to that unit.
....Booking site? Maybe there is a monetary issue BUT I will say that the villa studios are only a few hundred more a week....I would pay that rather than staring at a wall.

The SBR website has all the options to compare..."Resort view" (aka "wall/parking lot view") or..... "bay View"....a much nicer experience

If cost is a factor then just enjoy what you have....it's better than not being there
Posted By: MissSunfish

Re: Question Simpson Bay Resort - 04/11/2018 02:05 PM

Thank you everyone your replies. I did an exchange with II but I think I'll keep looking. I was so excited to see Sxm available to me at Christmas I didn't think twice. It just sucks that I don't know the unit number until after the exchange😐

Since its my first time back and first vacation in so many years I really don't want to compromise on the view, I was really looking forward to sitting out at night with a glass of wine hearing the ocean.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline