TravelTalkOnline

Perch Lite

Posted By: JimDS

Perch Lite - 05/23/2018 11:37 AM

Where is Perch Lite located? Is it on the site of the former Perch? If not, where is it in relation to where Pedro's used to be? Finally, do they rent out chairs and about how many? Thanks, in advance.
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Perch Lite - 05/23/2018 11:52 AM

Perch Lite is between the old Perch and Pedros, you now enter Club O from the old Pedros parking Lot, they do rent out chairs and Umbrellas, $18 for 2 chairs and an umbrella, not sure how many they have but enough to handle the visitors
Posted By: RobT

Re: Perch Lite - 05/23/2018 09:55 PM

The only way to get there is to drive to what was the main entrance for Club Orient. Then turn left just before what is left of the entrance. Then right into the Perch Lite area. It is pretty well marked. We arrived after noon one day and they ran out of umbrellas. Plenty of chairs.
Posted By: Mbrott

Re: Perch Lite - 05/24/2018 12:35 AM

You'd think that the open beach restaurants would pitch in for a construction port-o-potty. I heard it's a bucket or something like that? We arrive Saturday and would appreciate and update.

3 days.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Perch Lite - 05/24/2018 01:10 PM

Perch Lite has a sort of portapotty, from my understanding.
Posted By: RobT

Re: Perch Lite - 05/24/2018 01:11 PM

Earlier in May, besides the ocean, the Perch has a normal toilet in a steel container. There is no running water, but they will flush it periodically with water in a can. I did not use it, but my wife did a few times. I did not see any other "beach restaurants", just people with chairs.
Posted By: islalover28

Re: Perch Lite - 05/24/2018 05:54 PM

The normal toilet was full to the rim when I went in. Bring your own TP if your planning to use it but it's so bad.
Posted By: Southbound

Re: Perch Lite - 05/24/2018 06:22 PM

Maybe when Bikini Beach opens in a couple of weeks some of the pressure will be taken off the Perch Lite's facilities...
Posted By: islalover28

Re: Perch Lite - 05/24/2018 06:29 PM

Good point about Bikini. I know that Sun Beach Clubber seemed uncomfortable not having facilities to offer. But I think everyone who is visiting understands it's the risk we are taking. We've been visiting Happy Bay for years with no facilities. However, I did want to let people know the conditions, some people must have something available.

Re: Perch Lite - 05/24/2018 06:30 PM

Will Bikini really be open that soon? I have not heard any kind of a real date estimate, but 'soon', whatever that means.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Perch Lite - 05/24/2018 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Will Bikini really be open that soon? I have not heard any kind of a real date estimate, but 'soon', whatever that means.

LATE JUNE!

Re: Perch Lite - 05/24/2018 10:13 PM

OK, thanks.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Perch Lite - 05/25/2018 01:11 PM

Perch Lite yesterday (Thurs 5/24)

[Linked Image]

Re: Perch Lite - 05/25/2018 01:15 PM

Thanks for the pic! I actually kind of like the different colors of umbrellas.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline