TravelTalkOnline

Parking near Miami Airport

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Parking near Miami Airport - 05/24/2018 06:35 PM

Our flight leaves around noon, so we were planning on driving down that morning. Wondering if anyone has a good suggestion for parking, other than the airport itself? We USED to use Miami FastPark, which was FANTASTIC, but they apparently sold out, so it's no longer an option. What was so great about them is that their shuttles would pick you up at your car and drop you off and they were always VERY fast picking you up at the airport. Hoping there is something else out there now that is similar. Cost is always relative, but the convenience is more important to us than getting the absolute cheapest place to park. And we often have had bad experiences with waiting FOREVER for parking shuttles. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Parking near Miami Airport - 05/25/2018 01:10 AM

damn....didn't know that fast park is no longer. we used them quite often....and agree....always fast and professional. In fact...one of our trips back, we didnt land till late.....and when we got to fast park.....my battery was dead. they came right over with a truck....jumped it...and i was on my way within 10 minutes. when i tried to tip the guy.....he refused it....... said it was all part of their service to their customers.
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: Parking near Miami Airport - 05/25/2018 02:23 AM

Airports are now buying up their parking competition. There is now only one off site parking site with valet service in RI.

Re: Parking near Miami Airport - 05/25/2018 01:25 PM

Ed--Yes, I was quite decimated when I found out they were no more. Bluesfan--I don't need valet service, just good SERVICE. Like I said, my definition of that is NOT a shuttle every 30 minutes! After a long day travelling, it was so great to know that Fastpark was going to be there in a flash. We may end up just parking at the airport and seeing how it is.. I don't remember the last time we actually parked at Miami airport.
Posted By: Tonythepilot

Re: Parking near Miami Airport - 05/25/2018 01:31 PM

I have used Park n Fly in Miami for several years. People there are very nice, and the shuttle is usually pretty good.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Parking near Miami Airport - 05/25/2018 01:35 PM

Carol, can you use Tri-Rail? Goes right to the airport.

Re: Parking near Miami Airport - 05/25/2018 01:41 PM

Tony--thanks, will check them out.

Re: Parking near Miami Airport - 05/25/2018 01:42 PM

Elaine--I don't know. We're 3.5 hours driving time from the airport. I'm thinking that's a local rail line??
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Parking near Miami Airport - 05/25/2018 01:44 PM

We take it to West Palm. Perhaps you can find a good parking place along the line somewhere.

Re: Parking near Miami Airport - 05/25/2018 01:46 PM

That just sounds like too much drama to me. Will check out some options and may just park at the airport.
Posted By: marybeth

Re: Parking near Miami Airport - 05/25/2018 01:49 PM

Isn't it awful? We've gone to a limo service to get to Green. The airport shuttle just doesn't cut it for me - especially with the long waits during off hours.
Posted By: irina

Re: Parking near Miami Airport - 05/26/2018 04:36 PM

Tri Rail goes from PB to MIA. Even has a station at FLL. Very convenient.
Not sure about the parking lots. Seem unattended.

Brightline just started from Miami to PB. Superfast.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Parking near Miami Airport - 05/27/2018 12:35 AM

i wouldn't trust a tri rail parking lot even for one overnight.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline