TravelTalkOnline

Hotels in Orient Beach

Posted By: PMagistro

Hotels in Orient Beach - 06/07/2018 01:30 PM

I have flights booked in late Sept - early October. Since this is before the high season, I thought finding a hotel would be easy - not so. It seems like some aren't yet open due to hurricane damage and some are still closed for the summer holiday.

Any recommendations?
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Hotels in Orient Beach - 06/07/2018 01:52 PM

Hotels near Orient Beach? Most are in very bad shape after Irma. Perhaps one or two fully open and lots of individual residences are for rent. But the bigger hotels, very little to chose from. Others I'm sure can give info on what IS open. Plantation perhaps? Have you checked VRBO and the like?

Re: Hotels in Orient Beach - 06/07/2018 02:15 PM

La Plantation is closed from 9/1 to 10/14. I haven't checked VRBO (had a few bad experiences) and really would prefer to go to a hotel. If its not possible, I guess I'l venture beyond Orient Beach.
Posted By: PattyH

Re: Hotels in Orient Beach - 06/07/2018 03:58 PM

I have used VRBO, homeaway without any problems. I understand if you had a previous bad experience, but you can find a lot of properties for rent on these sites. Like Elaine said, very few hotels will be open this year.

Re: Hotels in Orient Beach - 06/07/2018 04:12 PM

Gets great reviews! http://www.oparadis-sxm.com/gb/

Re: Hotels in Orient Beach - 06/07/2018 04:18 PM

thanks
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Hotels in Orient Beach - 06/07/2018 04:19 PM

As others have said, basically none of the OB hotels are open. Elaine's suggestion of O Paradis is a good one, IF Bruno has any space. I know that his places have been repaired, so that is a good option, if he has room. You might also try Thibault and Amaury's Studio SXM. They have about a dozen units at Mt. Vernon. I believe their units have been repaired, but I believe that the communal swimming pool there has not.

If you decide to expand your search to Simpson Bay, Beachside Villas is definitely fully open and renting!

Re: Hotels in Orient Beach - 06/07/2018 04:43 PM

Thanks. How do I reach Bruno?

Re: Hotels in Orient Beach - 06/07/2018 04:55 PM

The link to O'Paradise is in my post above.

Re: Hotels in Orient Beach - 06/07/2018 05:06 PM

Is "Bruno" and "O'Paradise" really one in the same?

In reading this I thought they weren't related.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Hotels in Orient Beach - 06/07/2018 05:08 PM

Bruno owns O Paradis.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Hotels in Orient Beach - 06/07/2018 08:02 PM

Monrevesxm has 10 units with full kitchen & 2 studio units & 2 small pools. Very well priced. They are on friars bay road on the right after you cross the little bridge. Also has washing machines. We love it there.
Posted By: BerneandGary

Re: Hotels in Orient Beach - 06/07/2018 10:34 PM

Here is another vote for Bruno at O Paradis - it is our favorite place to stay. Bruno & his family are wonderful & the units have everything we need - love late afternoon floats in the pool while enjoying a cocktail in an unbreakable cup!
Posted By: fabila

Re: Hotels in Orient Beach - 06/08/2018 01:09 AM

Ditto. Stayed at Bruno's 6 times over the years. Great hosts and we love the location. Priced very well.
Posted By: islalover28

Re: Hotels in Orient Beach - 06/12/2018 07:30 PM

We just booked at So Chic Villas on Orient. We haven't been there yet so I can't really recommend but they have great reviews if you want to check it out. . .https://www.sochicvillas.com/
Posted By: pandpfromcanada

Re: Hotels in Orient Beach - 06/12/2018 08:04 PM

We viewed some of the units that Moune of So Chic Villas manages and they are lovely. We booked for February/ March 2019. They own some and also manage a few more. Some are still in the rebuilding stage.
Posted By: JohnandBev

Re: Hotels in Orient Beach - 06/12/2018 08:42 PM

We rented from Moune in 2017 - good unit, well kept and great response from Moune.
I would trust their pics as accurate

J& B
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Hotels in Orient Beach - 06/12/2018 10:35 PM

Great people to rent from. They used to own a rental car company as well. They picked us up at the airport and a few days in when we felt like an excursion they brought a car to the unit. Better than paying for one to sit there all week.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline