TravelTalkOnline

What's new at Beachside Villas???

Posted By: Carol_Hill

What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/17/2018 07:45 PM

Thank god, not much!!! clapping BSV looks just as beautiful as before that b*tch Irma came to visit!! clapping The ocean is stunning, SABA comes and goes whenever she pleases and she gets permission from Pat! grin

[Linked Image]

The pool is just as lovely.

[Linked Image]

The gazebo gives a lovely view out down the beach and provides much needed shade for whimps like me..

[Linked Image]

"MY" chair looks out over the best view on earth..

[Linked Image]

The kitchen has everything you need to be able to cook meals if you like

[Linked Image]

The atrium--since they enclosed all of them last year and put a/c in the main room--has a dining table inside in the a/c if you choose

[Linked Image]

The living room is comfy as ever

[Linked Image]

as is the bedroom

[Linked Image]

and the deck

[Linked Image]

For long term visitors, you will notice that the vegetation took a big hit, but it is coming back

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As always, Beachside is therapy for everything that ails you.

[Linked Image]

Life doesn't get better than this..

[Linked Image]

Oh, cr*p! I actually did intend to post the couple of small things that are different... Sorry. Edited to add this...

Marvlyn is gone, Michelle is here now, but all the rest of the staff are here.

Tiny thing, but I personally appreciate it, there is an alarm clock in the bedroom now.

Small thing, but I like it, there are now plastic wine glasses (although again, we bought our own glasses at Super U this time, and will leave them here)

[Linked Image]

The TV now has the FOOD NETWORK and Cooking Channel clapping Sorry, I know that makes me a geek, but I love it!!! There's HDTV, ESPN, History Channel, TBS, TNT, AMC, Travel Channel, lots of stuff, plus local channels for CBS, etc., which appeared to be out of NY, for the most part. We couldn't find the networks to begin with, I think perhaps because the remote was set to display only HD channels. .

And, as has been posted several times, there is now a real viewing stand for the airport, with nice stairs, seats, and cupholders!!! wave

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/17/2018 08:40 PM

Sweet. Enjoy your stay.
Posted By: mort

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/17/2018 09:34 PM

Looks absolutely wonderful. Enjoy!
Posted By: MrWhiskerssammy

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/17/2018 09:58 PM

Hi Carol--Hope you and Eric are having a great time. It certainly looks as if your are. My question is where is BSV getting all those channels from? The last time we were on the island, SXM cable didn't exist anymore. I guess there must be something that took it's place?
Thank You
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/17/2018 09:59 PM

Maybe I misunderstood but I thought that was Saba.

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/17/2018 10:16 PM

BSV has DISH, now anyway.. .

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/17/2018 10:17 PM

CaribLee--Eric says it's ST. Barts. I don't know. laugh
Posted By: pat

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/17/2018 11:14 PM

Tell Eric he is wrong! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š itโ€™s definitely Saba. Looking at it, St. Baths would be to the left if itโ€™s visible at all. Has to be a really clear day to see all of them....... Statia, StB. and St. Kitts, that is, but you do occasionally see all of them. We were on St. Kitts one year - at the Fort at Brimstone Hill and we were able to see SXM as clear as a bell and that was the only time we ever saw it over two or three trips total
Posted By: Maria_and_Steve

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/17/2018 11:15 PM

Saba is the island in the distance smile

St. Barths is south of St. Maarten.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/17/2018 11:29 PM

Lovely photos!

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/17/2018 11:56 PM

OK, Pat, you need to convince Eric, not me!! laugh There was another island visible the first day, which would be EITHER Saba or ST. Barts, depending on who you believe!! grin
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/18/2018 12:25 AM

NBC ABC CBS and Fox are all there, unless something has changed.

My husband always found them --try 110 120 ????
Posted By: ColinsMema

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/18/2018 12:37 AM

Carol, Thank you for the beautiful pictures! It makes me feel like I am "home"
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/18/2018 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Maria_and_Steve
Saba is the island in the distance smile

St. Barths is south of St. Maarten.

Saba is south of St. Maarten. Barts is east.

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/18/2018 01:40 AM

As far as TV stations, we scanned through all of them, no networks..
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/18/2018 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill

Very strange they were all there in April---must have made a change.

The TV was great--the picture was so much better than any of ours.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/18/2018 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill

We had the same experience and just gave up. We didn't go to watch TV anyway!

Read books on the deck instead.
Posted By: PreK176

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/18/2018 05:03 PM

Have to agree....no view of St Barth's from BSV. On a clear day you can see Saba, St Kitts. The ferry to St Barth's leaves Marigot and goes up and around the French side. There used to be a painting of a map in the BSV units of the islands. Enjoy your stay! Looks lovely!
Posted By: islandgem

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/18/2018 08:49 PM

Great pictures of Beachside. Sorry to hear there are no news channels available as I really do not watch TV shows much on vacation but like to know what is going on in the world.

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/18/2018 09:07 PM

There are news channels, like CNN, FoxNews, CNBC, C-Span, Headline News, just not regular network news..
Posted By: irina

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/18/2018 09:44 PM

It's Saba. Sorry Eric.
LOL
Cheers

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/18/2018 09:52 PM

I just sent him to Carrefour for some stuff for dinner. I'll have to break the news to him later. laugh
Posted By: fabila

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/19/2018 02:49 AM

October can't come soon enough
Posted By: irina

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/19/2018 08:20 AM

Be kind Carol. Be kind.
irina

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/19/2018 11:31 AM

It truly is fabulous here, Louise!
Posted By: daily2

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/19/2018 02:01 PM

Carol,
The pictures of BSV look wonderful. However, I have a question. Is there any furniture on the porch? ie: table and chairs or or loungers?
Have a wonderful time.
Barbara

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/19/2018 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by daily2
Carol,
The pictures of BSV look wonderful. However, I have a question. Is there any furniture on the porch? ie: table and chairs or or loungers?
Have a wonderful time.
Barbara

Barbara, the porches have two loungers in the large open area and then a table and two chairs to sit in on the deck as well.

There are also loungers down on the sand in front of each unit.

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/19/2018 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by daily2
Carol,
Have a wonderful time.
Barbara

Not Carol...but here are my pictures...

You can see the loungers on the deck outside of the bedroom

[Linked Image]

The little table and chairs off the living room

[Linked Image]

And then the loungers in the sand

[Linked Image]

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/19/2018 06:34 PM

Guess I haven't posted any of those yet. Need to post some more pictures, hopefully this evening, depending on how lazy I am!! smile
Posted By: RonDon

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/19/2018 06:59 PM

Thanks for the photos Carol. Looking at them makes me feel like I'm there again. Just booked another stay. Tell them your photos are causing bookings lol
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/19/2018 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by RonDon
Thanks for the photos Carol. Looking at them makes me feel like I'm there again. Just booked another stay. Tell them your photos are causing bookings lol

Just tell Tracy and Drew that we are trying to help the island the best we can. Just showed the unit we are in to two people that are here on a cruise for the first time. Think that maybe they were impressed with BSV and the island in general, they asked a lot of questions, good questions as far as I am concerned. For example the cost of food at the grocery, rental car prices, etc,, so maybe another convert? There was a cruise ship excursion at El Zafiro today. People walking the beach after we got back and had some questions and then it went from there.

Downside -------- more people want to stay at BSV!!!! OH MY!!!
Posted By: Colour1

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/20/2018 10:48 AM

Carol, thanks for posting these lovely photo's!! Just when I had all the TV channels memorized! LOL!! But No CBS,NBC, or Fox??? Thank God the plants are coming back! The staff does a great job of keeping them up! Love the new cushions on the pool deck chairs!! Over all the staff did an AMAZING job cleaning up after that wicked witch IRMA!

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/20/2018 12:12 PM

Actually, David, Eric posted in another thread that we found the networks after all! Possibly the problem was that the remote was set to view ONLY HD channels?? Guess I will go back and edit this post.

Regarding the cleanup after Irma, I talked to one of the maids about that, and she was very proud of the way that EVERYONE here just pitched in and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned after the storm!
Posted By: Renee

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/20/2018 12:34 PM

Your pictures look absolutely beautiful. They really make me miss our favorite island. We are hoping to return next year. Our usual home is The Royal Palm. BSV looks like the perfect place for us to stay when we return. As the beaches are our favorite part of vacation, how is the beach as BSV? Is the water as clear as Mullet? Thanks so much.

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/20/2018 12:58 PM

BSV is perfect, to me! smile Regarding the beach here, sometimes there are some decent waves, like there have been the past two days. Before that, it was pretty calm. It just depends on that. Yesterday at Mullet there was a HUGE cliff into the water, and it was very difficult for me to get out of the water, and I had to have help. Here there is never a big cliff like that, but sometimes a little shelf from time to time, where the bottom goes down rapidly. I'm sure the past two days the water has not been particularly clear, because the seas have been rough. So, it just depends on the seas. Mullet is a quick jog around the corner if you want to go there though, and you don't have to go through the traffic in Simpson Bay to get there, like you do at Royal Palm!

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/20/2018 01:06 PM

Just did a couple of edits, to fix some errors, and to add a couple more pictures. Enjoy!

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/20/2018 06:45 PM

Thanks Carol. It really does look like paradise to me. The beach/water at RP was never anything to write home about. I was hoping the water at BSV was more clear like Mullet and Orient. I'm hoping BSV will be our "home" next year. TY.
Posted By: marybeth

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/20/2018 07:27 PM

I'm convinced! Flamingo won't be open I'm pretty sure till 2020 and I've been looking for someplace else on a beach. We'll probably have to go sometime other than the Regatta, but that's OK. I'll start doing my homework.

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/20/2018 08:51 PM

Marybeth and Renee--please let me know if you have any questions.

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/21/2018 02:01 PM

Thanks Carol. I'll definitely be in touch. We're not planning on going until next June or July, but I'll be on here "researching" as much as I can. Thanks again. I look forward to more of your posts and pictures.

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/21/2018 02:32 PM

OK. Not sure whether I will post any more pictures today, but I do still have pictures from Mullet from the other day to post.
Posted By: marybeth

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/21/2018 11:52 PM

Many thanks Carol. I'll get my stuff together & will be in touch.

Re: What's new at Beachside Villas??? - 06/22/2018 01:12 AM

OK. I'll be around! grin
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline