TravelTalkOnline

Start of new thread on the island

Posted By: Eric_Hill

Start of new thread on the island - 06/24/2018 08:29 PM

Responded initially on the airport thread, this is not where it belongs, so....

We are sort of trying to figure out what we are doing tomorrow. Going out to lunch for sure as we have the time. We are on the AA flight in the afternoon. Simpson Bay somewhere.

We always have some left overs, but not sure it is going to work this time. Many times, (this time of year) we can stay until we want to leave. But people are coming in to the (our) unit the same day (not very nice of them to disrupt our last lunch on the grill!!! jester ). So that changes it a little, man the problems we have...… and I do not want to hear from the cheap seats about it!!! yikes . With a lunch we are not sure if just snacks for the 3 hour flight and the time at the airport again, no complaints from the cheap seat! love ?? After we get to MIA and get the car then we can stop at a fast food joint (ok back to reality) on the way home.

Possibly thinking about the Yclub for lunch. That seems like a very good option and for some reason have not been there this trip so far..... so many places and so little time..... beside I have the grill and …………………. this is good!!!

Oh, did I say we had a good time??? dance

And we are not done yet...…….. went out to lunch today.... have pictures.... a whole lot more to come and even perspective after we get back and have a chance to digest and see and feel everything that we have experienced this trip.... a WHOLE LOT for sure.

Is SXM ready for you to come...… For the most part, especially on the dutch side and Simpson Bay in particular a resounding yes, Are there some of your favorite places that are not open or whatever.... yes. Are there many options available.... YES.....

Enough of this as a reply..... this will become a separate note... and it has nothing to do with the airport,,,, so I highjack it for the moment..... but there is a whole lot that we have experienced and seen etc. in the last ten days.....

Any body want to contribute the the GAS IN THE CAR FUND!!!!!!!!!!!!! jester

Posted By: SeaStar

Re: Start of new thread on the island - 06/24/2018 09:17 PM

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!
The Y-club is one of my favorite last day places.
Safe travels.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Start of new thread on the island - 06/24/2018 09:22 PM

We got Zee Best bakery sandwiches for the plane on our last day and then had a long leisurely lunch at Mary's Boon.

Then all we had to do was eat the sammiches before landing, and didn't have to stop anywhere on the way home that night.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Start of new thread on the island - 06/24/2018 09:31 PM

Ok, it seems we won't have to leave here as early as we thought tomorrow, so I think we will just need to pick up something for the plane. What kind of sandwiches do they have at Zee Best?

Again, what is available at the airport departure lounge?

Re: Start of new thread on the island - 06/24/2018 10:40 PM

This is an old pic....and there are new additions, but you get the idea. There's a roast beef w/ horseradish or spicy mustard that hubby gets.
Be warned, some have sprouts, but I ask for lettuce instead. wink

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Start of new thread on the island - 06/24/2018 10:49 PM

Thanks. The picture is from Zee Best, correct?

Re: Start of new thread on the island - 06/24/2018 10:52 PM

Zee Best Bakery...correct.
Posted By: SXMFOX

Re: Start of new thread on the island - 06/24/2018 10:52 PM

Based on our last trip to Zee Best the menu has changed but not by much. But now we are rethinking our next departure flight to include Zee Best sandwiches for our flight, thanks Beachkitten! We are even talking about picking up some sandwiches, and our beer for our next trip over to Mullet!

Re: Start of new thread on the island - 06/24/2018 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by SXMFOX
Based on our last trip to Zee Best the menu has changed but not by much. But now we are rethinking our next departure flight to include Zee Best sandwiches for our flight, thanks Beachkitten! We are even talking about picking up some sandwiches, and our beer for our next trip over to Mullet!

That's where the second sammich pic was taken...lol...Mullet. wink

Eating those, with drinks from Rosie's and life is good!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Start of new thread on the island - 06/25/2018 12:01 AM

You can also buy the premade baguette sandwiches at Market Garden. I've had them before and they are pretty good. Have taken them to the beach many times. They have tuna, ham & cheese, roast beef, salami and another I can't remember. All good for $2.50.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline