TravelTalkOnline

Pack Light Question

Posted By: Compskier

Pack Light Question - 07/06/2018 02:16 PM

I've seen many here mention using Pack Light chairs and umbrellas. We've never tried them but are considering it for our upcoming trip since some of the beaches may not have rentals since the storm.
My question is, will there be a problem if we take them to beaches like Mullet where there are chair rentals available?
Posted By: wildbill069

Re: Pack Light Question - 07/06/2018 02:30 PM

Give Bob a call or email http://www.sxm-services.com/packlight/
Rented from Bob for years he will meet you at the Airport or your Hotel what ever time you like and is never late you can't go wrong renting from Bob
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Pack Light Question - 07/06/2018 02:55 PM

No problem at Mullet, you just head further down the beach from Rosie's, or set up behind the chairs that are there. And of course now there are very few places actually renting chairs along Orient, so Orient is no problem, and you could always put chairs behind the Club O chairs on their beach. We went to Friar's Bay this trip and locals set up chairs off to the side of the restaurant on the beach there also. I would not try to bring chairs to Karakter, per se, but there is a HUGE section of open beach off to the right of Karakter, that you can set up your own chairs if you like. Of course, if you eat at Karakter, the chairs are free anyway, so no reason to do that, I suppose. Although I guess you could bring a cooler and your own chairs and set up beside Karakter and then I would use their bathroom! grin So the answer to your question is, yes, you should have no problems using Craig's umbrellas and chairs. We always rent one of his umbrellas and it is a BIG, sturdy umbrella, capable of shading two people. Most of his chairs, though, are sand chairs, which I personally do not care for. He does have a few regular reclining chairs, I believe, but you have to request them. He also rents phones.

And yes, as the other response stated, he's always on time, delivers and picks up, great service!
Posted By: Compskier

Re: Pack Light Question - 07/06/2018 03:26 PM

Thanks, that's what I needed to know!
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Pack Light Question - 07/06/2018 03:28 PM

In case you are wondering, Bob and Craig are the same person hairy
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Pack Light Question - 07/06/2018 03:35 PM

Yeah, good point, there CaribLee! Never made sense to me, but whatever!
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Pack Light Question - 07/06/2018 04:04 PM

lol...Just like Lesley and Kenny's wink

I would probably take a chair to the off side of Karakters just to have SPACE and not been crammed next to someone the way they seem to do these days. A cigar or cigarette, or your dog in my face isn't fun.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Pack Light Question - 07/06/2018 04:35 PM

Thanks Dear lol !
Posted By: CaribJoe

Re: Pack Light Question - 07/07/2018 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by wildbill069
Give Bob a call or email http://www.sxm-services.com/packlight/
Rented from Bob for years he will meet you at the Airport or your Hotel what ever time you like and is never late you can't go wrong renting from Bob

I rented a phone for the first time from Bob last year. Excellent service. He missed me coming in at the airport and ultimately found me at the car rental office. Return was also a breeze.
Posted By: drewmon

Re: Pack Light Question - 07/07/2018 01:27 PM

We have rented chairs and an umbrella from Bob many times. Excellent service, and he's always on time right where he says he'll meet you to either drop off or pick up whatever you rent from him.

We ask for the medium height beach chairs, so we're not sitting low to the sand.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline