TravelTalkOnline

Samaritan's Purse Doing Some Good

Posted By: ruralcarrier

Samaritan's Purse Doing Some Good - 07/28/2018 09:31 AM

Daily Herald Article
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Samaritan's Purse Doing Some Good - 07/28/2018 12:16 PM

Good article. I think they were on island helping after the hurricane, almost before the Dutch government..
Posted By: bluejacket

Re: Samaritan's Purse Doing Some Good - 07/28/2018 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Good article. I think they were on island helping after the hurricane, almost before the Dutch government..

Mos def. They were the first group there.

Nice article. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: pat

Re: Samaritan's Purse Doing Some Good - 07/28/2018 01:11 PM

I think you’re correct, Carol, they were one of - if not THE first outside assistance organization to step up to the plate.

And with Samaritans Purse, on an international level, you could rest assured the funds we donated went to those who really were in need as opposed to funds being skimmed off by those thinking they had a new cash cow as is often the case with some relief organizations.

It’s truly a good organization and program, and real people in need benefited from it, much as did the local shopping vouchers distributed to many islanders through Shopndrop/Jeannie Gee and so many of her friends and helpers by off- Island friends of SXM. I’m sure there are other relief organizations who stepped up and pitched in and many others who are still doing the heavy work but Samaritans Purse really is excellent from everything I’ve found out about them and this article reassures me we weren’t mistaken.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Samaritan's Purse Doing Some Good - 07/28/2018 01:25 PM

They were.

I got to see there SP DC-8 at an airshow last month and chatted with the pilots who shuttled in out. They said it was quite an effort at both ends.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Samaritan's Purse Doing Some Good - 07/28/2018 01:31 PM

Great article about a fantastic organization.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Samaritan's Purse Doing Some Good - 07/28/2018 03:03 PM

What a great organisation.
Posted By: Maitre_Jim

Re: Samaritan's Purse Doing Some Good - 07/28/2018 11:27 PM

A great organization. It is headed by Franklin Graham. His late father, the Rev Billy Graham, would be proud.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Samaritan's Purse Doing Some Good - 07/30/2018 04:01 AM

I have supported Samaritan's Purse for years. A truly great organization!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline