TravelTalkOnline

Copa airlines

Posted By: Bluesfan

Copa airlines - 08/08/2018 07:44 PM

Any one had experience with Copa Airlines? SFO to SXM via Panama.
Posted By: kenmoore

Re: Copa airlines - 08/08/2018 08:41 PM

No experience with COPA, although I was in Panama 25+ years ago and flew Eastern. Orbitz is showing a round trip on Delta (SFO-SXM-SFO) for about $446.45 for travel in September. COPA should be able to come close to that number - depending upon when you are traveling. It's a longer flight, but perhaps you could work out an arrangement for a day or two in Panama as well. It's worth seeing the Canal.
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: Copa airlines - 08/08/2018 09:09 PM

Thanks. This is for my daughter and family next February. She said Yelp reviews were very bad.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Copa airlines - 08/08/2018 09:19 PM

I flew Copa thru Panama City many times. But not going to SXM. Had no complaints. On the non USA leg of the flight a meal will be served and drinks ( including beer, wine ,whisky) Like the second floor of the airport in PTY. It has a Caribbean decor bar/restaurant that has free wifi when something is purchased.

Wendell
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Copa airlines - 08/08/2018 09:32 PM

American Airlines gets 1.5 stars on Yelp...Copa 2.5...choose your poison
Posted By: RICKnGRACE_LI_NY

Re: Copa airlines - 08/09/2018 05:35 PM

In this day and age, is there a US airline that gets or deserves to get anything better than a 2? Extra Charges for luggage, extra charges for snacks, less and less seat room. Most US carriers are like a B Movie!
Posted By: Tom

Re: Copa airlines - 08/09/2018 08:57 PM

Many of us have lived through the "golden age" of air travel. It was actually enjoyable. and something we looked forward to.
Fast forward to today. Planes are older, as are the airline employees. Makes us appreciate those that can still provide service with a smile. Like so many of the world's workforce, they work longer for less $.
No more glamour. Just get us there and just pray I am not seated next to the bathroom after "Flamin Chili Night" at the airport Taco Bell.
Once we get where we are going we can share stories of airline horrors forgetting that we have to repeat our travel adventure on the way home.
Ain't life grand?
Posted By: Britt Husman

Re: Copa airlines - 08/09/2018 10:17 PM

I flew Milwaukee to DR through Panama City. It took me a while to figure out the drinks were included but once I did it was awesome. Also had a free meal each way and snacks. No delays on all 4 of my flights with them.
Posted By: deputydog1157

Re: Copa airlines - 08/10/2018 12:11 PM

I used to think that Southwest was the Greyhound of the skies but lately with all of the fees and delays they are all becoming Greyhounds of the sky.
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Copa airlines - 08/14/2018 02:27 PM

We flew Copa from the US to Lima a few years ago in First Class. No problems. We would fly them again.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline