TravelTalkOnline

Mark's Place menu

Posted By: dolfer

Mark's Place menu - 09/06/2018 01:30 AM

Usually our first nights dinner is at Mark's but it's been a few years. I know its all good but what are the favorites, the unsuspecting hits? If I recall correctly I've think I've heard that the lasagna is real good.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Mark's Place menu - 09/06/2018 02:37 AM

i have always loved the lasagna, the ribs....and the veal parm at Mark's. Enjoy!!
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Mark's Place menu - 09/06/2018 04:55 AM

Creole chicken and, of course, his scalloped potatoes.

Re: Mark's Place menu - 09/06/2018 12:20 PM

Lasagna and scallop potatoes, sounds awesome.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Mark's Place menu - 09/06/2018 12:54 PM

The mussels have always been good as has the pasta with shrimp, ask for a little extra garlic. Garlic bread is good and I think they have one of the better burgers on the island. It is hard to go wrong with anything at Mark's Place. Good sized portions, good service and very fair prices.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Mark's Place menu - 09/06/2018 01:13 PM

My favorite has always been what they call garlic chicken, I think. It's chunks of chicken in a garlicky Aflredo sauce over pasta. HUGE portion, usually good for 3 meals for me!!

Re: Mark's Place menu - 09/06/2018 02:29 PM

We've always had a great there and we have met some really nice local people too. Many years ago my wife and I kind of ended up sitting right in-the-middle of a gentleman's birthday party. We offered to move but they would have nothing to do with that. We met his family, sang happy birthday and had a piece of delicious birthday cake. We walked away that night really feeling that SXM is truly the friendly island.

Re: Mark's Place menu - 09/06/2018 02:51 PM

What a nice memory! Thanks for posting. Mark's really is a kind of a local place that is always enjoyable.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Mark's Place menu - 09/06/2018 03:26 PM

We were there one time when a young local man got down on his knee and proposed. When the beautiful young woman accepted, everybody got up and applauded. Mark later brought out glasses of champagne for them.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Mark's Place menu - 09/06/2018 03:35 PM

Mussels are outstanding. They substitute pasta for the french fries for us. Great combination. Can't say enough about those scalloped potatoes.
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: Mark's Place menu - 09/06/2018 06:34 PM

The whole fried snapper is to die for!!!
Posted By: Jack

Re: Mark's Place menu - 09/07/2018 12:32 PM

Mark's seemed to be closed....any update??
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Mark's Place menu - 09/07/2018 01:42 PM

It's open for long time now.

Re: Mark's Place menu - 09/07/2018 01:58 PM

Perhaps they are on vacation? They often close for a week or two in September. Or perhaps they were closed yesterday, due to the anniversary of the storm.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Mark's Place menu - 09/07/2018 02:09 PM

Perhaps.
Posted By: Bill_S

Re: Mark's Place menu - 09/07/2018 05:00 PM

We used to try to make lunch at Mark's Place a part of every shopping trip to the old GranMarche... My personal "unexpected hit" was the Curry Goat. I ordered it on one of our first trips and found it delicious! From then on I would order it every year...despite my loving wife's comments about "...one old goat eating another..." every time I ordered it. It was like a miniature pot roast in gravy and I LOVED it!
Posted By: kccouple

Re: Mark's Place menu - 09/07/2018 06:35 PM

Can someone print Marks carryout menu?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline