Posted By: Biturbo

One year after - revisited - 09/13/2018 03:55 PM

https://www.france24.com/en/2018090...-martin-struggles-recover-france-netherl
Posted By: Maranjo

Re: One year after - revisited - 09/13/2018 04:23 PM

Thank you for posting this.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: One year after - revisited - 09/13/2018 06:04 PM

You're welcome. Very well made video with both familiar and unfamiliar sights, and interesting interviews.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: One year after - revisited - 09/14/2018 12:18 PM

Thank you. This video has a good look at the re building of Grand Case Beach Club for those interested in that place.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: One year after - revisited - 09/14/2018 12:56 PM

thanks for the link.
Posted By: KarenandRick

Re: One year after - revisited - 09/14/2018 01:03 PM

My husband and I were interviewed for this story when we were at Orient Bikini Beach late August. The camera-woman and reporter seemed especially interested in talking with us as we were frequent visitors before Irma and were now back post-Irma. Apparently we did not make the cut!

Anyway, thanks for the link. I thought it was a good report.

Re: One year after - revisited - 09/14/2018 01:17 PM

I actually don't remember seeing any tourists they talked to, only locals.
Posted By: KarenandRick

Re: One year after - revisited - 09/14/2018 01:49 PM

They talked to one tourist on the boardwalk in Phillipsburg in the video. Anyway, there were clips of different beaches, Bikini, Pinel, Grand Case etc. and the people who were there at the time, but you are right, I don't believe they aired any other conversations with tourists. If may have been a good idea to include some conversations as I know we had only positive things to say about our beloved SXM and the need for tourists to return was noted as a paramount step for recovery.

Re: One year after - revisited - 09/14/2018 02:20 PM

You're right, I forgot that. I think they were really going for a local's perspective, in general.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline