TravelTalkOnline

Leader Price ... French Side, near Cul de Sac round-about

Posted By: RunnernReader

Leader Price ... French Side, near Cul de Sac round-about - 09/19/2018 04:41 PM

Just chatted with my contact on St. Martin.

I was asking about the status of LEADER PRICE, the small grocery store just south of the Cul de Sac round-about. We shop there for basics including baguettes, WINE and other BOOZE; they have a decent selection of French cheeses and charcuterie (also frozen meats and veg.). In France, Leader Price is a GO-TO for the general populous for booze (great prices) and staples. Many of the locals from Orient Beach, Cul de Sac and even Grand Case shopped there on a daily basis.

Our Leader Price was in a metal building destroyed last year!!!! My contact, a local resident, says it has been rebuilt and that it will re-open within the month in it's previous location. For me, it's about a 15-20 minute walk from Mont Vernon.

All the best to everyone in SXM, We go for 8 weeks starting Jan 29th!! YEH!!!!!!!
Posted By: KarenandRick

Re: Leader Price ... French Side, near Cul de Sac round-about - 09/19/2018 05:02 PM

Greetings RunnernReader,

According to Facebook LEADER PRICE has re-opened! There was even a video of people shopping! Looks good! We just came back from SXM 9/2 and we stay in Orient so we are disappointed we missed it! Oh well, next time! Enjoy!
Posted By: RunnernReader

Re: Leader Price ... French Side, near Cul de Sac round-about - 09/19/2018 05:14 PM

Thanks KarenandRick! .. You've made my day! It's a great little store .. and it means I don't have to drive to pick up basic things! ... (and I'll whisper this ... my backpack holds 6 bottle of wine.) Fresh baguettes were only 80 cents (Euro-cents).
Gar
Posted By: usasxmlover

Re: Leader Price ... French Side, near Cul de Sac round-about - 09/19/2018 05:16 PM

do they have a deli counter...where they slice meats and cheese or pre-packed?
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Leader Price ... French Side, near Cul de Sac round-about - 09/19/2018 05:50 PM

They did not have a deli pre Irma.
Posted By: bluejacket

Re: Leader Price ... French Side, near Cul de Sac round-about - 09/19/2018 05:54 PM

Here's a video from FB

https://www.facebook.com/greg.harrington.39/videos/10156511501717988/

© 2024 TravelTalkOnline