TravelTalkOnline

Favorite Beaches

Posted By: jazzgal

Favorite Beaches - 10/03/2018 05:24 PM

I was asked on another thread what my favorite beaches are. So as to not hijack that thread, I said that I would start a new one in response to the question. My top favorite beaches, not necessarily in order, are:

Anse Marcel
Petite Plage (Grand Case Beach Club)
Grand Case Beach
Friar's Bay
Little Bay

All of these beaches generally have very gentle wave action, which is why I like them. I think that also may be true of Le Galion, but there's nothing there just now as far as amenities/services go.
Posted By: actionone

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/03/2018 06:16 PM

Baie Rouge
Mullet
Baie Longe
Happy
Posted By: pat

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/03/2018 06:55 PM

Without any doubt.........
Mullet
Simpson Bay Beach - all of it
Friars Bay Beach
Anse Marcel Beach if it’s ever rebuilt at the former Beach Club
Grand Case Beach Club beaches
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/03/2018 07:05 PM

I have only been to about eight or ten beaches so far, so for as far as i have been.......

Orient
Friars
Happy

Wish list....
Mullet
Cupecoy
Baie Rouge
Posted By: StMartinFan

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/03/2018 10:21 PM

Orient
Mullet
Friar's
Anse Marcel (once restaurants, etc. are rebuilt)
Little Bay

On our very first visit, they were dredging in Little Bay, so we drove around the island and visited every beach, just to check them out. We were amazed at how beautiful they all were. Our favorites tend to combine great beach with access to good food and services.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/03/2018 10:53 PM

Orient, Cupecoy, Dawn Beach and Baie Rouge...
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/03/2018 11:14 PM

Didn't know this was an open invitation for others favorite beaches and not just yours. Since others have made theirs I'll do the same.
Mullet
Orient
Flamingo/SBR
Posted By: dolfer

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/04/2018 12:23 AM

Little Bay, Mullett, Kim-Sha in that order for us now .
Posted By: sasasal

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/04/2018 01:21 PM

Mullet, and simpson bay beach...
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/04/2018 01:43 PM

Cupecoy, Simpson Bay, Grand Case
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/04/2018 02:02 PM

Simpson Bay
Mullet
Orient
Posted By: SurferMike

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/04/2018 03:01 PM

Asking about a favorite beach is like asking a parent who their favorite child is. The easy answer is to list them all. And there are quite a few. Cupecoy seems to have the clearest and cleanest water. It's just that the beaches need more sand. Simpson Bay is terrific. The sand reminds me of the kind we have here on Long Island. Orient Beach, close to where the Palm Beach restaurant was, had great little waves. But our two favorites are Mullet and Plum Bay. They both face the south with the sun in front of you and are very scenic. Just be careful of the rocks on the shore at Plum Bay. Dawn Beach and Friar's are also great. Are there any bad beaches to stay away from? We love 'em all !
Posted By: extreme

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/04/2018 05:52 PM

For us it is Mullet, Happy Bay,Cupecoy!!!
Posted By: Todd

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/04/2018 10:29 PM

We go to Cupecoy more than any other, and now with Dreams closed I expect that we will make more trips to La Playa. Simpson Bay is another favorite. All for different reasons and based on weather and our mood that day.
Cheers!
Posted By: HibiscusFan

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/05/2018 04:37 AM

Simpson Bay, Cupecoy, Mullet, and Orient
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/05/2018 04:54 PM

There is not a bad beach on SXM, all are beautiful in their own unique way but we fell in love with Le Galion a long time ago.
Posted By: Cincinnati_Kid

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/05/2018 10:33 PM

Depends on my mood, the weather, but these are my favorites, in order..
Orient
Cupecoy
Happy
Maho
Rouge
Mullet
Gallion
Don't get to Simpson often, but very nice.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/05/2018 11:50 PM

I'm really surprised that Friers hasn't come up very often. Must be due to all the small rocks that are frequently on the beach. Or the smell on some days because of direction of the wind.
Posted By: belair209

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/06/2018 09:08 AM

Little Bay
Cupecoy
Bai Rouge
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/06/2018 11:48 AM

Mullet
Orient
Simpson Bay

I will add the note, that I like them from my front row chair looking outward.
I don’t much care for rows of chairs and businesses on any (save a basic shack beach bar for renting chairs/umbrella, and buying cold drinks and something off the grill.
Posted By: pat

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/06/2018 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
I'm really surprised that Friers hasn't come up very often. Must be due to all the small rocks that are frequently on the beach. Or the smell on some days because of direction of the wind.

Friars Baie Beach and the Friars Baie Beach Cafe have been on my personal favorites list for as long as I can remember. I’ll be the first to admit those little stones as you enter the water can bectroublesome but the food at the Cafe more than makes up for the momentary discomfort. And in absolute honesty, over all the years we’ve been going there we only once experienced the odor and yes, it was definitely unpleasant. But again, the food and the atmosphere (along with the burning incense inside the restaurant) more than made up for the momentary unpleasantness of that odor the one time we experienced it. Can’t wait to get there again........
Posted By: kccouple

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/06/2018 04:07 PM

We love Plum Beach, it faces directly west so great sun and sun sets. Very private and palm trees are beautiful
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: Favorite Beaches - 10/06/2018 04:59 PM

Mullet
Plum
Guana ( for Boogie Boarding)
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline