TravelTalkOnline

If RIC La Terasse and Plage dont open,....

Posted By: the captain

If RIC La Terasse and Plage dont open,.... - 10/09/2018 10:53 PM

Im just a little bit concerned, slated to arrive La Terasse Presidents weekend. But since we've yet to have that confirmed,..

I've never stayed anywhere else. Any recommendations? I know that is vague but we're a family of 4 with 2 middle schoolers. We've never Airbnbed or....homeawayed.

Any hotels?
Posted By: pat

Re: If RIC La Terasse and Plage dont open,.... - 10/09/2018 11:31 PM

Sadly, a lot of us are in that position and I suspect accommodations will be at a premium between now and May or June of next year since a lot of timeshare properties did not open as quickly as they had hoped. A few did, of course, but several places were completely destroyed and others like our Towers building sustained major damages which, for one reason or another, have not been repaired and reopened yet. I can’t help with airbandb or companies of that ilk but you could check Travelocity and sites of that nature.

The one thing I would suggest is do your homework soon and commit if you’re able and particularly so if you’re hoping for prime weeks when there will be a higher demand such as Presidents week, Regatta week, Spring Break or Easter. Good luck and happy hunting.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: If RIC La Terasse and Plage dont open,.... - 10/10/2018 01:05 AM

I haven't yet stayed there myself, but Mon Reve (<<that's a link) gets good reviews, and their price is more than reasonable. They are on the road to Friar's Bay and have both one- and two-bedroom units, with pool, gated. No ocean view, however. For my trip in just over a month, I have reserved a darling one-bedroom apartment through VRBO and am excited to stay in a different location on the island. I had a lot of options to choose from using VRBO. Best to make your reservation sooner rather than later.
Posted By: megamania

Re: If RIC La Terasse and Plage dont open,.... - 10/21/2018 04:54 PM

I too, was not able to exchange thru RCI, as some places are not open yet. Royal Palm was our favourite. Seems like Atrium is not avail for exchanges either. It;s a supply and demand situation. The good news is....folks are coming back to the island and that is great. We have rented Sol y Mar,,,i think it's pricey, but we wanted to come so badly. Anything privately rented is going to be more than my vacation membership which I exchange. But, we like the location and will give it a try. It looked nice in pics. We missed SXM this past January, so just cannot wait to return. I couldn't believe the flights , direct out of Toronto in late January. Air Transat 496.00 canadian return! Awesome. Makes the price of villa a little easier to swallow. LOL.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: If RIC La Terasse and Plage dont open,.... - 10/21/2018 06:19 PM

Atrium has definitely been available for RENT, don't have any idea about exchanges. I agree, exchanges are a big problem right now, with Royal Palm, Flamingo, La Terasse, La Plage, the Towers, not available currently, and Ocean Club and the Summit gone forever.
Posted By: Todd

Re: If RIC La Terasse and Plage dont open,.... - 10/21/2018 08:11 PM

Atrium was open for owners weeks in May, RI La Plage I hear is opening soon but know nothing on RI LT, I think it suffered more damage than LP but no facts to back that up. I could have exhanged into La Vista Beach in May, but was able to use my 2018 November week instead.
Posted By: the captain

Re: If RIC La Terasse and Plage dont open,.... - 10/23/2018 03:35 PM

I ended up booking an alternative for the time being.

I dont know the facts about the damage. But soon after Irma, I saw that Royal Dutch AF video. Sonesta Maho''s side wall was all but obliterated.

I could NOT really see any details of damage from at La Plage or Terasse but do recall seeing a palm tree in the Terasse pool. I always felt that Sonesta Ocean Point, SOnesta Maho and la Plage took the blunt and that La Terasse was somewhat protected from the taller buildings. But who knows.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: If RIC La Terasse and Plage dont open,.... - 10/23/2018 10:47 PM

We exchanged into Atrium in May.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline