TravelTalkOnline

Drake development by Topper

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Drake development by Topper - 12/05/2018 08:43 PM

This was posted by a member on Jeff Bergers Facebook site.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...10155936336641367&type=3&theater
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/05/2018 08:44 PM

Again, Jeff Berger's facebook site is a private site. Anyone that is not a member of his site cannot see it.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/05/2018 09:33 PM

Can't see it and no desire to join.
Posted By: kccouple

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/05/2018 10:08 PM

Does anyone know where this would be? I assume it would be what I would call west of the drawbridge heading towards Marys Boon and Karacter?

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/05/2018 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier

Don't have to join. Just follow on Facebook.

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/06/2018 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman

I am on facebook and have do desire to "follow" a self-promoting person like him. When it is a closed group, it is useless to post it here or elsewhere.

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/06/2018 01:06 AM

"have do desire" What? Must be autocorrect like what you see happening to me sometimes. LOL

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/06/2018 01:08 AM

I am on facebook and have do desire to "follow" a self-promoting person like him. When it is a closed group, it is useless to post it here or elsewhere.

I recall you reading one of my posts and you said it was one you saw on his site, Facebook or newsletter.

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/06/2018 10:47 AM

I recall you reading one of my posts and you said it was one you saw on his site, Facebook or newsletter.

Newsletter is what I stated as your wording was almost exactly the same.

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/06/2018 10:49 AM

Nope, wrong wording but it was spelled correctly. Should have been "NO" desire to follow.
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/06/2018 12:01 PM

I seem to remember some other condo project he announced but didn’t happen. Maybe he will have better luck with this one.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/06/2018 03:24 PM

There is only a sign up at the moment, right next door to El Zafiro in the plot of land between ELZ and the next road. Just took pictures and have to figure out how to post again.

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/06/2018 03:35 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/06/2018 05:19 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words! laugh Not much happening.. I'm not 100% sure, but I THINK that sign has been there for quite some time. Got to say though, they got a building permit to build a 4 story building THAT close to the runway??

edit--Of course, that flimsy little sign would have sailed away to St. Barts or somewhere in Irma, so perhaps I'm wrong... grin

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/06/2018 05:32 PM

Three or 4 years ago we looked at one of those houses in the background and were told there would be a 4 story development on that property. All this time later, there's a sign! In fairness, it could have been plans for another developer entirely.

Bottom right corner is a picture of Topper.

Sign may have been there for some time, we never go down that road!

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/06/2018 05:39 PM

Now that I think about it, there was some kind of a container or something that looked like it was going to be an mockup of some units there for a while, but that's been gone for maybe a couple of years.

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/06/2018 05:53 PM

Yep! There were drawings under glass.

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/06/2018 07:39 PM

OK, like you said, I have no idea if Topper was involved in that one or not, but I'd be worried if they are ever going to build this thing. Not sure I personally would put out any money until they at least break ground!! (...of course, they broke ground on the Pearl of China deal, so guess that doesn't mean much! grin)
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/08/2018 02:36 AM

This is a new sign. It was not there when I first arrived on the island. I do believe they are serious about building soon. Very close to El Zafiro and are advertising beach front residences!

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/08/2018 12:47 PM

Personally I still don't see how they could get a permit to build a 4 story building that close to the runway. But of course, this is SXM!!!
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/08/2018 01:20 PM

We know the person, personally that had owned that land for a very long time ago and has sold it to someone else. Something will be built but not that high.

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/08/2018 01:22 PM

OK, thanks Lesley. I was just looking at that picture on the sign and it is 4 stories high.

Oh, and by the way, that would really be a lovely spot on the days when El Zafiro is bringing in 100 cruise ship pax for the day... sick

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/08/2018 06:23 PM

4 stories will still be lower on the beach than the Baywatch condos so the permit would probably get approved. It will be between El Zafiro and Baywatch on Simpson Bay Beach right at the end. A popular location for sure!

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/08/2018 06:41 PM

Baywatch is quite a bit further back from the runway.

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/09/2018 12:26 AM

Even though we live right down the road , El Zafiro is only for us probably Sunday afternoon .

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/09/2018 01:19 AM

This will be too as it will be right on the beach beside Baywatch. It won't be close to the airport like Beachside Villas.

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/09/2018 10:56 AM

It's not on the beach Elizabeth, it will be on the plot of land in the pictures above. Right next to the runway.

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/09/2018 01:33 PM

You know, I was thinking about that last night, wondering how it could be ON the beach, as there are a couple of small houses to the right of El Zafiro restaurant, if you're facing the water. Then to the right of that, that new building(s), then Baywatch. Unless they are going to bulldoze those houses, there's no SPACE on the beach. Although I note the picture says "on" Simpson Bay Beach. I guess it will be 'close' anyway.... laugh

Lesley--did Jessica use to own that land? At one point, I thought she owned everything in that little area, including El Zafiro land. I assume she still owns that?

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/09/2018 01:46 PM

Hi Carol, Jessica only owns El Zafiro and not that land.

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/09/2018 01:48 PM

OK, thanks. I was asking if she USED to own the land where this condo is supposed to be built, as I had thought she owned all that little corner before?

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/09/2018 06:59 PM

Are you sure of that Elaine? I was told the parking for the residences will be where the signs are now and the actual building will be next to El Zafiro on the beach.

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/10/2018 12:34 AM

They can't build on the beach.

Re: Drake development by Topper - 12/10/2018 04:49 PM

They are supposedly building just as far back as El Zafiro and will be beachfront. I guess it all remains to be seen as this is SXM we are talking about.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline