TravelTalkOnline

OB security issue?

Posted By: Tom

OB security issue? - 12/05/2018 10:35 PM

Without security on Orient Beach, I know the cruisers will snap photos without any hesitation. For me, that's OK but I wonder if thieves will take advantage of the situation and steal beach goers property when they leave their spot for a walk or for food and drink.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: OB security issue? - 12/05/2018 10:40 PM

That's a chance you take on any beach. Clothing optional or not.
Posted By: Stevemech

Re: OB security issue? - 12/05/2018 11:49 PM

When we were there last week, Cedric was patrolling the picture takers . We were impressed the way he handled them. There were not many trying to snap pics at all. I think we saw 2 over 2 days at Club O.
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: OB security issue? - 12/05/2018 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tom
Without security on Orient Beach, I know the cruisers will snap photos without any hesitation. For me, that's OK but I wonder if thieves will take advantage of the situation and steal beach goers property when they leave their spot for a walk or for food and drink.

There is the chance, but on a CO beach your "Neighbors" tend to be friendly and watchful and Cedrick and his team are doing a good job monitoring the cruisers and their cameras
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: OB security issue? - 12/06/2018 12:15 AM

Agreed, your neighbors in their chairs were always much better security than the paid security, which could only be one or two places all along the beach at one time.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: OB security issue? - 12/06/2018 10:46 PM

I have been approached so many times by beach goers to watch their stuff while they take a walk or whatever. I remember a young couple asked me to keep an eye on their stuff and disappeared for so long I was wondering when I could go for a walk? LOL When they returned they asked us to lunch at KoKo Marinas and we grabbed all our stuff of value and had lunch together. When the bill came they only had a credit card and it was cash only. We paid the bill and quite frankly I thought we had been had. They said they would pay us back tomorrow on the beach? They did show up the next day and all was good!
Posted By: Tom

Re: OB security issue? - 12/06/2018 11:32 PM

I really like a story that ends well.
Not a serious concern on my part but will see for myself on 1/1/19 as this is a personal tradition.
Posted By: irish1223

Re: OB security issue? - 12/07/2018 01:11 AM

We’ve been here for over a week now and haven’t had any problems with picture takers or thieves. Cedric is doing a great job and everyone watches out for everyone else.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline