TravelTalkOnline

United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam

Posted By: Bobben

United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/21/2018 04:10 PM

What US government official is visiting SXM in the US of America official jet shown on the Maho beach cam - assumedly at taxpayer expense?
Posted By: spudman

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/21/2018 04:26 PM

Its a Gulfstream C37-A plane. Still working on where it came from and what official is using it.
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/21/2018 05:00 PM

Whoever it is appears to be boarding for departure.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/21/2018 05:29 PM

US Government C37A link
Posted By: Brian&Andi

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/21/2018 06:33 PM

It's getting ready to depart; trying to track when it arrived into SXM...

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/21/2018 06:37 PM

SAM003 is the callsign, but best I can tell is it departed Virginia-area yesterday.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/21/2018 06:59 PM

Anymore news on who it was?

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/21/2018 07:08 PM

No, but when they were loading the luggage it looked like approximately 10 carry on sized bags. Since it's Special Air Mission it could be pretty much anybody on this list: "President of the United States (POTUS), Vice President of the United States (VPOTUS), First Lady of the United States (FLOTUS), Presidential Cabinet, U.S. Congressional delegations (CODELs), and other high-ranking American and foreign dignitaries." But there were no visible signs of security on the camera, so I'm guessing pretty low ranking in the scheme of those.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/21/2018 07:22 PM

Also used by Homeland Security so maybe a visit to talk about the potential pre-clearance needs
Posted By: pat

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/21/2018 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by boucharda
Also used by Homeland Security so maybe a visit to talk about the potential pre-clearance needs

That sounds like a good guess and I truly hope you’re right.
Posted By: Maitre_Jim

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/21/2018 09:13 PM

It was parked when we landed yesterday with no signs of life around it.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/22/2018 12:29 PM

My guess...
1: a high official is Christmas shopping in Philipsburg for cigars?
2: the Trump villa is ready for the holidays
3: the caribbean is setting up for a conflict and a message is being sent to prepare!
Posted By: the captain

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/22/2018 06:08 PM

the parking space is at a premium over there this morning! Abramovichs bandito 767 arrived this AM as well.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/22/2018 08:30 PM

Story about the flight Link here

but no clue about who was onboard, other than NOT the President or First Lady.

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/23/2018 06:35 PM

The Warzone? I thought I was the only one who reads it. duel

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/23/2018 07:54 PM

Someone sent me the link.
Posted By: SXMFOX

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/24/2018 12:11 AM

I’ll put this one to rest. The personal on board the jet were there for passport control for US citizens and other countries, with like minds. SXM needs specific information that ONLY we can provide. In my opinion only, the airport is trying to reopen, and this inspection and information is needed to accomplish its reopening, for everyone’s safe travels. Hope this helps!
Everyone have a great Christmas and New Years!
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/24/2018 01:02 AM

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/24/2018 01:21 AM

Yup, Pelican, this person would be a high ranking person, not some person talking about passport control. SXMfox, did you read the link I posted?

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/24/2018 01:51 AM

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/24/2018 02:32 AM

OK, I'll bite. Based on what?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/24/2018 02:42 AM

Sure is a lot of theories and speculation going one here.

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/24/2018 02:59 AM

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/24/2018 03:05 AM

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/24/2018 03:06 AM

I know you dont like politics here
Posted By: WLE

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/24/2018 03:13 AM

THEN KEEP IT OUT OF HERE !!!

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/24/2018 03:21 AM

Right on. Don't need it here. And no body has any proof of who was on the plain. Only speculation.

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/24/2018 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by SXMFOX
I’ll put this one to rest. The personal on board the jet were there for passport control for US citizens and other countries, with like minds. SXM needs specific information that ONLY we can provide. In my opinion only, the airport is trying to reopen, and this inspection and information is needed to accomplish its reopening, for everyone’s safe travels. Hope this helps!
Everyone have a great Christmas and New Years!

We are just speculating.... But IMO the airport really never closed and upgrading passport control is important but not something that would require an airforce one group to fly down right before the holidays to 'inspect the airport' ???

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/24/2018 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by PelicanPirate
I know you dont like politics here
pirate

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-plans-set-military-base-Caribbean.html
Posted By: RonDon

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/24/2018 01:34 PM

Thanks for posting sxmmartini

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/24/2018 02:27 PM

martini--this has to do with SXM how?

Regardless, looks like we will never know.

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/24/2018 04:19 PM

https://www.facebook.com/onlyonsxm/videos/2388649854539390/?t=80
Plain taking off at SXM
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/24/2018 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman

Did the PLAIN take off or was it the PLANE?

Not a very plain plane with that paint job!
Posted By: LINNY

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/24/2018 05:58 PM

Why are you always so sarcastic?
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/24/2018 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by LINNY
Why are you always so sarcastic?

Proper word usage and correct spelling makes a post easier to read and understand. How is that sarcastic?

Re: United States of America jet pictured on maho beach cam - 12/24/2018 06:28 PM

I was going to close this one this morning, and probably should have. Since the plane is now gone, will close it now.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline