TravelTalkOnline

Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast

Posted By: PelicanPirate

Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast - 01/07/2019 01:18 PM

Thanks for recommending this place.

We got there around 8am I think -before the morning bridge opening and were admiring a Turqouise yacht tied up when another biggie came wandering up. The thought of the bridge time did not cross our mind until more were lined up. It was very neat to see a few biggies squeeze out. We looked up one that went for $175k/week.

We had the bloody marys. They were good but not “the best” we’ve had on island. But we’d get them again.

Had the Salmon Lox Bagel and cream cheese and the Eggs Benedict and a side of very good corned beef hash and sodas.

About $55. Cash only. Wish all places took cards.

Definitely a good spot on the dutch side for breakfast with a view.
Posted By: RI Bob C

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast - 01/07/2019 02:09 PM

We've paid there with a credit card many times. Helps get the miles for our next trip.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast - 01/07/2019 02:09 PM

Thanks for the note. Didn't remember that the Yacht Club was cash only.
Posted By: dolfer

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast - 01/07/2019 02:10 PM

SMYC accepted CC's when we were there in September.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast - 01/07/2019 02:27 PM

They do take CC's.

Please tell me where you got better BM's, always looking!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast - 01/07/2019 02:29 PM

Perhaps the internet or phone lines were down and that's why no credit card that day. I thought they took cards.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast - 01/07/2019 02:44 PM

The yacht club definitely takes credit cards; internet must have been down. We always carry enough cash with us just in case, because you never know when the systems will be down. And I would also like to know where you got a better bloody Mary on the island!

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast - 01/07/2019 02:52 PM

Maybe it is best on island.

The best we had were at Coco’s which is gone for the moment.

Also had some Stolis and First up BM mixed ourselves yesterday. Comes in a pouring bottle. Just add vodka up the neck. Got that at Booze it up.

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast - 01/07/2019 03:39 PM

Hope you post if you stumble across better in your travels. Love me a bloody mary! Oh, they also have Peppa Vodka there. Get the next one with that in your drink if you like spicy.

Did you try the BM at MB?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast - 01/07/2019 03:58 PM

We used our CC there this last May. Payed the tip in cash.
Posted By: weeks5051

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast - 01/07/2019 05:04 PM

We ate there many times last month, the last time being on our way back to the airport. They always took credits cards. I love their sign that says, "Probably the best Bloody Mary on the island".

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast - 01/07/2019 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by weeks5051
We ate there many times last month, the last time being on our way back to the airport. They always took credits cards. I love their sign that says, "Probably the best Bloody Mary on the island".

Not just probably. They are.
Posted By: dolfer

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast - 01/07/2019 08:49 PM

BM's definitely great but the Eggs Benedict is the best I have ever had.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast - 01/07/2019 09:01 PM

I just love sitting there no matter what I'm having--
But they do have have decaf coffee now!!!
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast - 01/07/2019 10:40 PM

If you like the Benedict, try their Eggs Norwegian; same idea, but with smoked salmon and a dill-flavored hollandaise. I personally felt the hollandaise on the Benedict needed some lemon or some other acid.
Posted By: tnw2007

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast - 01/08/2019 04:43 PM

We were twice during our Dec trip and they took cards, love that place, great food.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast - 01/08/2019 04:55 PM

I like their Benedict because they don't add much lemon! They so a solid job on the Bloody Mary as well, the staff and service is another highlight.
Cheers!
Posted By: lina

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast - 01/11/2019 03:28 PM

we love love love that place !!! excellent everything

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast - 01/11/2019 07:36 PM

Had two more bloody marys at SMYC with breakfast and used my credit card. I down mine very fast. I do preferena little thicker and hotter with horseradish. Maybe it has the horseradish but usually that is something offered where i have had it elsewhere.

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast - 01/11/2019 07:42 PM

Just ask them to put in more hot sauce. They will make them any hotness you want. They might have horse radish too if you ask them. They are quite accommodating.

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club Breakfast - 01/11/2019 08:02 PM

If you ask for spicy, they do use horseradish. The pepper vodka makes it even spicier! Let me know when you find better as you get around a whole lot more than I do!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline