TravelTalkOnline

Longterm Parking in Miami/FLL airport areas

Posted By: Jack

Longterm Parking in Miami/FLL airport areas - 01/10/2019 04:04 PM

Trying to take advantage of some great airfares to SXM from these markets...but...does anyone know of good places to park long term besides airport lots...I am looking for 20 to 25 days of parking....would consider a business parking lot, private home or street if safe.....
Posted By: mort

Re: Longterm Parking in Miami/FLL airport areas - 01/10/2019 05:27 PM

Try Global Parking. Have used them at Tampa Airport and never had a problem. They are at MIA also.
Posted By: panman

Re: Longterm Parking in Miami/FLL airport areas - 01/10/2019 05:27 PM

Would suggest it cheaper to rent a car one way to airport and one way home than parking long term.....
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Longterm Parking in Miami/FLL airport areas - 01/10/2019 05:55 PM

It's something one could check into, I suppose, but one has to beware of drop off fees, as well as the inconvenience on each end, of perhaps having someone drop you off and pick you up at the rental place.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Longterm Parking in Miami/FLL airport areas - 01/10/2019 09:10 PM

Hotels have "stay 'n fly" . We have left from Boston and from NY and done this . We stay at a hotel near airport, leave car, hotel shuttle from airport returns us to our car. Perhaps there's something near those FL airports.
Posted By: mort

Re: Longterm Parking in Miami/FLL airport areas - 01/10/2019 10:36 PM

Most hotels only offer up to 14 days of free parking. Did that for a few years. We would stay in a Tampa hotel the night before departure and then leave our car for the two weeks. We now go for three weeks and either use off lot parking or hire a pickup service to deliver and pickup us.
Posted By: Kamehameha

Re: Longterm Parking in Miami/FLL airport areas - 01/15/2019 09:27 PM

In May we're going FLL-SXM on Jet Blue. Google FLL stay & fly and they'll give you prices for one night and however many parking days.
Posted By: deputydog1157

Re: Longterm Parking in Miami/FLL airport areas - 01/16/2019 12:11 PM

We will be doing the same in June. We googled the same and found a hotel and 7 nights parking for under $200. The 3 hour drive across the state and the overnight hotel stay is well worth the difference in airfare.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Longterm Parking in Miami/FLL airport areas - 01/16/2019 01:43 PM

deputy--the original poster is looking for parking for 20-25 days. That makes a big difference.
Posted By: deputydog1157

Re: Longterm Parking in Miami/FLL airport areas - 01/16/2019 03:30 PM

I should have added to my post that the website (parksleepfly) allows you to enter info such as sleep the night before or after your trip and how many nights parking needed. I did a search for 28 days and I got back a few hotels with pricing ranging from mid $200's to $400. I don't know how accurate these are because as we know clearinghouse websites don't always have all of the rules and regulations but it's a start. If you can find something on that website, I would call the hotel to confirm but at least it might be a good research tool?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline