TravelTalkOnline

Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill

Posted By: K19

Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/16/2019 01:32 AM

We are staying at El Zafiro and looking for a few places we can go at night to have drinks. We do have a vehicle but don't want to drink & drive. We also have a driver we can call when we decide to venture out further but we are looking for a few places close within walking distance that is safe to walk back from at night. We aren't looking for disco places. Just a fun bar atmosphere. Is there anything within a 20 minute walk that is safe at night?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/16/2019 01:38 AM

Karacture (sp) is just down the beach
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/16/2019 02:12 AM

Honestly, NO. It is a long, DARK walk from El Zafiro to anywhere. Yes, it's a straight shot down the beach to Karakter, but after dark, there is absolutely nothing there and I wouldn't do it. It's roughly 1/4 mile between Beachside Villa and Karakter, and who knows who might hang out there after night??? You could walk to the other way to Sunset Bar and Grill, or Maho, before dark, but there are NO sidewalks and the road is pretty narrow and VERY dark. Best advice is you could walk to Karakter, Sunset Bar or Maho BEFORE dark, and get a cab back.
Posted By: pat

Re: Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/16/2019 02:13 AM

I guess we can all look at the same thing and see it differently.

Karakter is within the twenty minute parameter you set but it’s not a walk I would want to do in the dark, and particularly after having a few drinks. There is no boardwalk or sidewalk and the only lighting is from the beachfront properties along the way. If you plan on doing this, make sure you bring a strong flashlight and do the walk during the day the first time.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/16/2019 09:00 AM

Another factor in addition to bad guys might be, strangely, dogs. We tried walking from the Boon to the little corner Asian market near the defunct Bada Bing and 4 “nice” dogs said “no” and we turned around. Dont know if those dogs have any friends who do beach walks.
Posted By: badbenni

Re: Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/16/2019 11:14 AM

Rent a car and drive to any of the multitude of places in the area you want to go to in the evening. Don't walk as it is a fairly long walk to any nightlife place and not advised in the dark.
For about $150 you can rent a car for 1 week.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/16/2019 11:35 AM

Poster stated they already have a car.
$150/week total is not likely in high season (total) either.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/16/2019 12:20 PM

Never walk in the night period . Too dark . We have our home there and knows this.

Re: Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/16/2019 12:30 PM

I got a car in high season last two weeks for $20.xx/day from the big guys in yellow and black

Re: Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/16/2019 01:53 PM

K19--Lesley lives on the road between El Zafiro and Sunset. Please heed his advice.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/16/2019 02:54 PM

Good for you , hence "Off Season" you will get it almost for free .
Posted By: K19

Re: Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/16/2019 04:39 PM

Thank you all for your suggestions on safety. We will walk there in the daylight and cab it back. As I mentioned before we have rented a vehicle but we don't want to drink & drive. I really appreciate all of your advice and can't wait for our trip next week.

Re: Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/16/2019 04:47 PM

Total?
Tax and liability insurance?
Sounds too low to believe for high season.
If true, good for you.

Re: Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/16/2019 04:52 PM

K19--good. Have a great week!
Posted By: RI Bob C

Re: Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/16/2019 05:50 PM

Driving from SSBB area to El Zafiro is not the same as driving on the main roads with idiots passing you. Unless you drink a lot it may be ok to drive. Since you have a vehicle you will have driven there and can make up your mind then.

Re: Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/16/2019 08:43 PM

Came out to 31/day with tax,liability and concession stuff. So, ok 217 a week out the door. Sorry for false advertising.

I used to cab it but we love the freedom.

Re: Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/16/2019 09:13 PM

No problem. More in line with other great rates in high season.
Mine was comparable for 3 week stay.
Have dealt with same person for 15+ years.
We all know price is not only consideration. Trust that chosen company will be there for you if there is a problem is real value.
Posted By: badbenni

Re: Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/17/2019 01:32 PM

Tom ; you are nitpicking about car rental. It is a lot cheaper to rent a car than being robbed or injured walking in the evening to and from that area or many other areas.

Re: Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/17/2019 01:58 PM

benni--the original poster IS renting a car, but is concerned about driving after drinking. I think the original poster's question has been answered though.
Posted By: steveandcindylou

Re: Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/17/2019 04:38 PM

Why do people allow themselves to live in fear-even in their own neighborhood? Someone once said; " All it takes for evil to flourish, is for good men to do nothing". If the law refuses to solve the problem, its time for good men to do something.

Re: Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/17/2019 05:21 PM

Bennie
Suggesting correct info. Is not nitpicking. Think you missed the point.
As stated answer has been provided. Let's move on.

Re: Nightlife within walking distance of Beacon Hill - 01/17/2019 05:33 PM

Agreed, for sure, let's move on. This one is done.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline