TravelTalkOnline

CBD oil -not THC, hemp only

Posted By: megamania

CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/17/2019 02:31 PM

hello all.
if this is the wrong place to ask this question, please advise and move.
also please note,,the cbd oil i speak of is the hemp version, no thc content.
one of our group uses cbd oil to help with inflamation with arthrtis. It seems to help considerBly and much better option than prednisone. does anyone know if bringing this would be a problem? or who i could ask. Last thing we all want is problems of any sort. I can check with someone at toronto airport at this end just wondering if anyone could shed light on rules,etc on island
Posted By: Airlegs

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/17/2019 02:46 PM

Good question! I’m curious if anyone knows?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/17/2019 04:00 PM

You might want to place a call to Simpson Bay Pharmacy or the Pharmacy in Maho. I would think they would know if there are any island restrictions.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/17/2019 04:11 PM

It is a component of cannibus and therefore it is forbidden to travel with this outside of Canada. There are big signs at the Canadian airports warning of this.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/17/2019 04:20 PM

Contact info for Simpson Bay Pharmacy.
Phone 1721 544 3653
Email SBP.pharmacy@gmail.com

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/17/2019 04:35 PM

oh boy..thanks island gem...not sure what he will use..i would have thought it would not be a problem as no thc, which is the drug in some oils. I am kinda sad for him as he uses it daily and the good news is it works! some medical plans in canada, are lookin into paying for it. I havent been to any airports recently to see signs. Most cannabis products will have some level of thc in them, so I would really like clarification on zero thc. I have been looking for contCt info to speak to a real person at airport,,lol,,so far no luck.
Posted By: Renee

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/17/2019 05:13 PM

Anyone know regarding the US? My husband and I also take CBD for arthritis. No THC. Works so well I can't even express....TY
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/17/2019 05:36 PM

I don't know the answer to the question, but perhaps it can be purchased in SXM, with a prescription? Therefore would not need to be transported on a plane. Contact the pharmacy that Scubaman listed and ask them if you can obtain it in SXM, with a prescription.

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/17/2019 05:54 PM

Thank you Carol, but this is purchased over the counter. Legal in PA.

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/17/2019 06:26 PM

Oh, ok. Again, I still think you should contact the Pharmacy and ask them whether you can get it there in SXM.

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/17/2019 06:46 PM

Gotcha. TY.
Posted By: phillygirl7

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/17/2019 07:25 PM

I had some packed in a suitcase on a recent trip, my luggage took a long time to come out. Didn't think much of it, but in unpacking, the pack of CBD gummies I had packed were gone. No mention of my suitcase being inspected. Maybe next time I will pack in a gummies vitamin container and see what happens, and put it in my carryons.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/17/2019 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Renee
Thank you Carol, but this is purchased over the counter. Legal in PA.

I do not think it is legal in all US states. Lot of confusion about what is what also with regards to this.
Posted By: phillygirl7

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/17/2019 08:08 PM

I do believe the last Farm Bill signed by President Trump allowed the use, farming, manufacture, etc. of hemp products. Encouraging unprofitable farmers to get into a profitable entity, I hope. But that's the U.S. SXM is a different entity.

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/17/2019 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by phillygirl7
I do believe the last Farm Bill signed by President Trump allowed the use, farming, manufacture, etc. of hemp products. Encouraging unprofitable farmers to get into a profitable entity, I hope. But that's the U.S. SXM is a different entity.

Could be but as of late Sept, this is what OH said.

Ohio's pharmacy board says CBD oil is illegal unless sold through its medical marijuana program. Columbus — It's being sold everywhere from health food stores to vape shops. The state of Ohio says its illegal, but manufacturers and sellers are fighting back.
Posted By: wilsonck

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/17/2019 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Renee
Anyone know regarding the US? My husband and I also take CBD for arthritis. No THC. Works so well I can't even express....TY

As long as you have proof that it contains less than 0.3% THC, you'll be good. Anything over that and it falls under Schedule 1 and it would be against federal law.

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/17/2019 09:21 PM

If we're talking about TSA agents, and not about legality in SXM, in light of their current job situation, I personally wouldn't want to press my luck. If I could obtain it legally in SXM, that's what I would do..
Posted By: dave

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/18/2019 05:56 AM

Google "airport security cbd oil". Lots of info there to lead you in the right direction.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/18/2019 04:39 PM

She is trying to bring it from Canada where it is legal, but the problem is you can bring it on domestic flights within Canada but NOT flying outside the country. Purchasing it in SXM will solve this problem if it is legal there to do so. Bringing a prescription from a Canadian doctor would also be a good idea.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/18/2019 04:59 PM

A French side pharmacy may be a good bet as well. wink
Posted By: irina

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/19/2019 04:15 PM

I don't believe you can obtain it legally in SXM. Maybe it's changed. I will check.
Cheers
irina
Posted By: Canuck54

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/21/2019 08:34 PM

Purchased it this afternoon at pharmacy in Phillipsburg, $21 over the counter, instructions in Dutch but no issue getting it here.
Posted By: Airlegs

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/21/2019 08:59 PM

That’s great!!
Posted By: Shelby2

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/21/2019 09:13 PM

Wow, cheap!! $110 here in ny!!

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/21/2019 09:31 PM

Thanks for posting.

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/21/2019 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Canuck54
Purchased it this afternoon at pharmacy in Phillipsburg, $21 over the counter, instructions in Dutch but no issue getting it here.

What size ? I have seen it marketed for canine usage in a neighboring state for $60/oz.
Posted By: Canuck54

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/21/2019 11:52 PM

Not sure, will check later, dosage is 2-3 drops max 15 per day and says there are 240 drops in the bottle. Size of a visine bottle.

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 01/22/2019 03:36 PM

Thank you for this information. I will let our friend know and he will be very thankful to know this. It really is helping him and will make his stay on the island a lot more comfortable. This way we don't have to worry about any trouble at the Toronto airport. Thanks again....this forum is awesome!!!
Posted By: Lysho

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 03/10/2019 06:05 AM

I dislike how many myths are around it now. One could have thought that with legalization it would be considered a topic of mass education but not, apparently. You can read more about it here: https://cbd.market/what-is/cbd , it answers a lot of questions common people usually have about CBD.
Posted By: JIMMYCRACKCORN

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 03/10/2019 02:06 PM

We spent 4 weeks in Jan & Feb this year and i'm on the CBD oil, I packed it in my checked bag and there was no problem at all.
Don't think you would ever have a problem.
Enjoy your vacation.
Posted By: irina

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 03/10/2019 05:18 PM

Yes, I did check and found you can buy it legally in the US.
I got my husband a travel size 3 oz portion of CBD Freeze oil from:
www.buylegalmeds.com
Thanks
irina
Posted By: Lysho

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 03/16/2019 08:57 PM

Have you tried it? I know a nice and safe place to buy CBD for vaping, it works much better: https://cbd.market/cbd-vape-oil I liked its taste, too.
Posted By: cruzer

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 03/16/2019 09:23 PM

I don't have a horse in this race, but is CBD legal at the Federal level? State level legality doesn't cut it if you're flying. Just curious.
Posted By: Shelby2

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 03/16/2019 09:39 PM

https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBD_oil_Cannabidiol
Posted By: cruzer

Re: CBD oil -not THC, hemp only - 03/16/2019 11:00 PM

Got it. Thanks.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline