TravelTalkOnline

Rebuilding Dutch & French Side

Posted By: bigbobthib

Rebuilding Dutch & French Side - 02/09/2019 08:13 PM

clever Since Irma what side the Dutch or French have there act together. What side 's planning[code enforcement] to avoid destruction is talking hold? How about fraud which side is playing by the rules? Have the Insurance companies mostly paid up??????
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Rebuilding Dutch & French Side - 02/09/2019 08:26 PM

Based solely upon what I have read, without a doubt the Dutch side is far ahead of the French side. I doubt either side is playing 100% by the rules but it seems the French side does more enforcement of the rules. Even with the controversy with the Dutch side and associated funds to rebuild and the corrupt politics, they seem to be getting more done.

As far as insurance, I would imagine most is paid off with the exception of anything being litigated. From what some business owners posted after Irma, they did not carry insurance.

You also have the saga of Diamond Resorts (Flamingo and Royal Palm) taking much longer than any other resort that is rebuilding.

I will see for myself in 4 weeks.
Posted By: timnboston

Re: Rebuilding Dutch & French Side - 02/09/2019 09:37 PM

Just back from 3 weeks at the Royal Islander - Dutch side much more advanced. I can't comment on code enforcement, fraud or corruption.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline