TravelTalkOnline

Activity at Flamingo!

Posted By: marge

Activity at Flamingo! - 03/20/2019 12:46 PM

Activity in the temporary storage beside building 4. Added 4 more “units”, and were brushing off mattresses. A crew of about 6 men. Maybe getting ready for the influx of workers? Glad nothing else going on as our SSR overlooks the Flamingo. All quiet for the last month! Sliders and windows stacked in second story restaurant at RP.
A lot of (disgruntled )Flamingo “owners” at SSR.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Activity at Flamingo! - 03/20/2019 01:08 PM

From what I can see, it appears there is more going on at Flamingo versus Royal Palm, although there are worker there. Most work appears to on the 5th floor as everything else at Royal Palm is wide open. There is either a model unit being assembled in the parking lot of RP or perhaps modular housing for workers? Can't figure it out yet but regardless, progress is very slow and in talking to a couple of people who live and work here and also a whole owner at RP, they are not optimistic with an opening for at least a couple of years. They also believe Diamond Resorts are doing their best to mess with the timeshare and whole owners.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Activity at Flamingo! - 03/20/2019 01:21 PM

Agreed. If they really WANTED to get the project done soon, there would be a lot more action going on.
Posted By: marge

Re: Activity at Flamingo! - 03/20/2019 01:30 PM

The Cliff condos surrounded by scaffolding, but never saw any activity. Most action at the site of former Bon Appetit at SSR. Flamingo units all demoed, maybe just waiting for holding materials?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Activity at Flamingo! - 03/20/2019 03:05 PM

Windows, wiring, plumbing and doors have to go in before a lot of interior work can be done. They are doing a show room to be ready at the Flamingo by April.

Re: Activity at Flamingo! - 03/20/2019 03:32 PM

...Meanwhile, Maho gutted their rooms down to the concrete and about half of their rooms are DONE already. Diamond is up to no good.

Re: Activity at Flamingo! - 03/20/2019 03:34 PM

I would rather wait for total completion than have a resort partially done and having ongoing work going on during my stay.

Re: Activity at Flamingo! - 03/20/2019 03:35 PM

..meanwhile, ALL of Maho I think is due to be finished by THIS SUMMER. Still a full YEAR ahead of what Diamond claims will happen. And, according to someone on SXM who used to work for Diamond, he doubts that either resort will be open until 2021!!!!!!!

Re: Activity at Flamingo! - 03/20/2019 03:37 PM

Lots of rumors out there. I'll just wait it out and see when it does.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Activity at Flamingo! - 03/20/2019 03:47 PM

Concrete being poured on the 2nd floor of RP right now. Yellow exterior subsiding (street side) is being sealed or covered in some fashion.

Probably more visible workers at Lee's than RP.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline