TravelTalkOnline

Week 2 report from Divi & Final

Posted By: SANFILIP

Week 2 report from Divi & Final - 04/01/2019 03:03 PM

Week 2 3/23-3/29/19

Saturday is a quiet day here, as it is change over day. The weather been perfect so far. Sunday morning started with a bit of rain, but it was cleared out by 9:30 and the rest of week remained dry, hot & sunny.

Pretty much have the same routine every day. Up at 5:50am, set up beach chairs/umbrellas, get my exercise in, back to the room around 8:00, breakfast and on the beach by 9:00. Some drinks during the day and back to the room at 4:00pm. Couple of drinks, get cleaned up and out for dinner. Tough to take.

Dinners this week were at Chesterfield’s, IZI, Greenhouse(Pburg), Auberge Gourmand(Harmony Nights), Gizmo’s(Divi) and as is been our last night tradition, dinner at Mario Bistrot.

Checked out Friday morning, dropped the car off at Thrifty and on to the airport. We were a little early and the Delta counter was not opened. Waited for about 45 minutes, checked in and breezed thru Immigration/security and up to waiting area. There are not a lot of shops opened yet. A few small places to get some food, Bacchus, Domino’s, Johnnie Burgers, cheese & liqueur, one bar(Taluala’s) and a Shipwreck Shop. No jewelry, leather or sunglass shops yet.

The jetways are still not in operation, we left thru Gate 3 and walked to the plane. We tool off a few minutes late, but arrived back in JFK early and in our house by 8:45PM.

Overall it was a great 2 weeks and good to be back in SXM after not being able to go last year(went to Barbados) Both Divi and Belair and in great shape. Saw no activity at the old Great Bay Resort property. Still a lot of damage on the French side and some pockets of damage on the Dutch side.

Looking forward to next year and should I retire this year, possibly in November. I will post some pictures later in the week.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Week 2 report from Divi & Final - 04/01/2019 03:10 PM

Thanks for the report.
Posted By: pat

Re: Week 2 report from Divi & Final - 04/01/2019 03:11 PM

Sounds like a perfect trip to me. Can’t wait for your photos.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Week 2 report from Divi & Final - 04/01/2019 03:46 PM

Thanks for the report! We are traveling on Delta for the first time in a while this coming trip. What time did you arrive at the airport, that you were too early? Did you have a ramp to the plane or stairs?
Posted By: SANFILIP

Re: Week 2 report from Divi & Final - 04/01/2019 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Thanks for the report! We are traveling on Delta for the first time in a while this coming trip. What time did you arrive at the airport, that you were too early? Did you have a ramp to the plane or stairs?

Carol, We got to the airport around 10:30, Delta opened up a little after 11:00. We used stairs to get into the plane.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Week 2 report from Divi & Final - 04/01/2019 04:01 PM

OK, thanks so much for the info!
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Week 2 report from Divi & Final - 04/01/2019 04:31 PM

Another perfect trip completed. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Week 2 report from Divi & Final - 04/01/2019 06:08 PM

I've always loved Saturdays at Divi for the reason you stated and settle at the Infinity Pool, which I usually have all to myself. Thanks for your report.

66 days!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Week 2 report from Divi & Final - 04/01/2019 09:02 PM

Nice report. Glad you had a great time.
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: Week 2 report from Divi & Final - 04/02/2019 10:03 AM

kind of mirrors my stay as well Mike
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: Week 2 report from Divi & Final - 04/02/2019 10:06 AM

i hear u about the infinity pool Jazz, our unit is 234....bout 10 steps away, makes it easy for drinks etc etc
Posted By: Wingman

Re: Week 2 report from Divi & Final - 04/02/2019 01:07 PM

Nice report, thank you.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Week 2 report from Divi & Final - 04/02/2019 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by bizzottom
i hear u about the infinity pool Jazz, our unit is 234....bout 10 steps away, makes it easy for drinks etc etc

Mine is 233!
Posted By: crsxm

Re: Week 2 report from Divi & Final - 04/03/2019 12:32 AM

Thank you for taking the time to write and also post the photos on FB--enjoyed seeing the improvements to Divi and can't wait to go back!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline