TravelTalkOnline

Handy Items

Posted By: OllieEh

Handy Items - 04/15/2019 03:07 PM

My fourth visit to St. Martin in as many years is fast approaching. I found this forum a few months before my first visit and it has provided a treasure trove of tips, referrals, and recommendations.

One of the handiest little items that was discussed at the time was the Brica Deluxe Snack Pod. It’s advertised as a stroller attachment for drinks and snacks but it’s a fantastic item for attaching to loungers and chairs and keeping your drinks out of the sand. We’ve been asked about them many times on the beach. I bought them from Amazon and for a couple of years they were unavailable but I recently noticed they are stocking them again.

For US Amazon customers, they can be seen HERE
Canadian customers can see them HERE

I’d like to hear about other items that you just have to pack for the beach and holiday that make it more enjoyable.
Posted By: LINNY

Re: Handy Items - 04/15/2019 04:40 PM

My KYSS bag!!!! never have to worry about leaving our items unattended
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Handy Items - 04/15/2019 07:17 PM

Chair pads for the chairs at Club O beach. A small folding table to keep our drinks from getting sand in them. A good book or two.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Handy Items - 04/15/2019 07:24 PM

Great suggestion for Club O. beach, Biturbo! I mean the chair pads. Up at Kontiki and on Bikini Beach they actually have little white plastic tables with drink holders in all four corners. What a smart idea! I'm thinking about something to keep the beer cold when it's 85 degrees on the beach. You know ... something like beach koozies that wraps around your Corona beer bottle. Big difference between the first sip of ice cold beer and the often 'too-warm' finishing chug.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Handy Items - 04/15/2019 08:25 PM

I never let mine get warm. Lol
Posted By: OllieEh

Re: Handy Items - 04/15/2019 09:08 PM

I like the Contigo brand stainless steel travel mugs which are vacuum sealed and don’t leak. They keep the beer cold for a loooong time and they fit into the table slots and the Brica holder. I hear Yeti is really good too but they’re really expensive.
Posted By: Kamehameha

Re: Handy Items - 04/15/2019 10:10 PM

We plan to take cheap ($3) blow up pool floats. We inflate them half way or so, put them on Cedric's chairs and cover with a towel. Comfy like a cushion but not bulky. Takes minimal luggage room and we leave them at resort for others to use.
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Handy Items - 04/15/2019 10:50 PM

We brought a Safego locking beach safe and locked it to our lounge chairs, with cell phones, keys, etc. in it, which worked well. The only downfall is it is a little bulky to pack with just carry on bags. Also have some soft beach chair cup holders that have a wire in them and pack flat. They just twist in between the webbing.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Handy Items - 04/15/2019 10:50 PM

Baggies for storing leftovers, clothes pins to hang wet bathing suits, and if you intend to cook, small containers of your favorite spices. I always brought MY tea bags, sugar and coffee for hubby so as not to have to buy a quantity we would not use.
Posted By: Mbrott

Re: Handy Items - 04/16/2019 12:05 AM

Reusable grocery bags.
Posted By: dkupersmith

Re: Handy Items - 04/16/2019 01:54 AM

A knife sharpening stone since I have found most knives in timeshares wont cut anything.
Posted By: EWortman

Re: Handy Items - 04/17/2019 01:15 PM

I like the chair clips to keep the towels on the chair, and a collaspable cooler
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Handy Items - 04/17/2019 02:03 PM

I like the chair clips thought. Especially for Orient Beach. We also take soft foam ear plugs to reduce noise when needed. If music is blaring away outside your residence these little guys really help. This, of course kind of depends on where you will be staying and if you have bars and nightclubs in the vicinity.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Handy Items - 04/17/2019 02:07 PM

Clothes pins can also be used for chair clips! And chip bag clips
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Handy Items - 04/17/2019 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by BillandElaine

But they aren't as cute, Elaine. smile

Re: Handy Items - 04/17/2019 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by jazzgal
Originally Posted by BillandElaine

But they aren't as cute, Elaine. smile

No they are not as cute and I would have to eat all the chips before I could use the clips which is never a problem.
Posted By: tbaybob

Re: Handy Items - 04/17/2019 08:58 PM

Steripen uv water purifier. Make liter of water safe in 90 seconds. Was recommended by the supplier of Poland Springs water.Haven’t bought water since bought this. About $90 on Amazon
Posted By: dcarol

Re: Handy Items - 04/18/2019 04:15 PM

I bring my own knife in the checked baggage, cheese knife and peeler. You would be surprised how many people during the two weeks that I am there cook roasts and borrow my knife. Just like dorm living! Love it

Re: Handy Items - 04/18/2019 05:10 PM

All the afore mentioned items along with others we keep on island in our storage box with an island friend. Can't function without a sharp knife.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline