TravelTalkOnline

SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life

Posted By: Carol_Hill

SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/16/2019 03:42 PM

Daily Herald link

Hopefully when the time comes closer, someone will bring this back up, so that more people will see it.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/16/2019 05:32 PM

Carol ... wasn't this on a few months ago, or was that another couple who ended up getting a house in the Oyster Pond area? Either way, I'll be sure to watch it again. Thanks for the heads-up!

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/16/2019 05:38 PM

I think according to the story, it's supposed to be a new one.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/16/2019 07:05 PM

It is new. The couple has posted about it on Facebook.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/16/2019 07:08 PM

Thank goodness, Jazzgal. I thought I gave away the ending with my last message to Carol!
Posted By: charlieh

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/16/2019 10:22 PM

Nothing unusual for SXM to be featured. I record all of their shows.
Posted By: bethandsteve

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/29/2019 01:02 PM

my bride had a brief appearance in the show at the ice cream boat.

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/29/2019 01:42 PM

Shoot, I missed it!! duh
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/29/2019 02:27 PM

We recorded it and will watch it tonight along with Game Of Throne.
Posted By: lina

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/29/2019 03:58 PM

it was just ok....
Posted By: EdB

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/29/2019 05:45 PM

I was NOT impressed with this episode. The entire show this time felt totally staged. The realtor shows properties way way way above their price liimit...and seemed surprised that they balked. It was well known that they have a bunch of grandkids between them....and then shows a one bedroom home? Makes all us that were in the business look like fools. Then the couple themselves were shown a beauty at Porto Cupecoy....but they thought the kitchen and flooring was hideous. Most people would give their right arm and left leg for that look. This was the most slow moving SXM episode i have seen ever. and to boot...not ONE WORD about the hurricane.
Posted By: KitKat

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/29/2019 06:09 PM

My husband and I watched it last night. I agree with EdB. It was pretty boring, and no mention of the hurricane, or film of any destruction. We also commented on the fact the agent showed them places way out of their budget. I be.ieve they finally settled on a place on Simpson Bay.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/29/2019 06:52 PM

The only great thing about this segment was the beautiful view of Beachside Villas in the part where the couple looked at a place in Beacon Hill.
Posted By: doctorj

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/29/2019 07:49 PM

I record them also but caught it last night. It is great to see our Island highlighted. 19 sleeps before touchdown.
carib cheers,
doctorj
Posted By: kim

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/29/2019 09:14 PM

I just re watched it “on demand”. They really didn’t seem like they liked anything and zero mention of the storm. Surprised they purchased Serenity in Porto Cupecoy.
Posted By: charlieh

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/29/2019 10:14 PM

Just watched it, and it looked like a "normal" Carib show to me. Of course they are all staged.
Posted By: 2fingers

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/30/2019 12:33 PM

Curious. Why would a show about people looking for a home have to mention anything about a storm that happened 2 years prior?

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/30/2019 01:25 PM

duh The show is advertising for the island. How is that going to help them sell homes on the island, to remind people that there is a decent chance your home in paradise could get blown away?
Posted By: MickeysDog

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/30/2019 02:35 PM

Yes, the episode was SLOW and yes, these are staged. A lot of these shows has the Realtor showing properties that are way over the budgeted price of the couple or not the size requested by the couple. My wife and I know a couple who were featured on an episode of Caribbean Life from Isla Mujeres, Mexico. Prior to the show being filmed, the couple had already purchased the home, closed on it and moved in to the home that they selected at the end of the show.

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/30/2019 02:49 PM

I thought it was pretty corny. Some of the reasons that couple came up with on the likes and dislikes were pretty lame.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/30/2019 07:03 PM

Darn forgot to record it... Maybe it will show up on youtube.

Found another SXM airing from HGTV from last year...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Ox0Wn1SsY

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/30/2019 07:26 PM

You didn't miss much.

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 04/30/2019 07:26 PM

thanks for that link! I hadn't seen that one. They did a beautiful job of decorating it, to make it look so Caribbean.
Posted By: PreK176

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 05/01/2019 02:27 PM

The woman posted on FB that even they hadn't seen the episode prior to the airing. They were there on their honeymoon while taping. I loved seeing BSV in the background. These shows always show homes that are either above the price point or not the right number of bedrooms. I sort of wonder if they see a ton of properties and then just the top 3/4 are highlighted. They are very happy though with their choice. For that kind of money they should be! I thought it was a great episode but then again I love St Maarten and love to catch bits and pieces of the scenery!
Posted By: Cincinnati_Kid

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 05/01/2019 02:48 PM

Yes, I love these shows, the scenery 💕💕💕
Posted By: Jerry_R

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 05/01/2019 04:32 PM

Don't know about your cable provider, but Comcast/Xfinity has this episode available "On Demand". I watched it yesterday.
Posted By: MustLeaveNJ

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 05/02/2019 02:47 AM

https://youtu.be/RsfEmMcNtH0
Posted By: pburke40

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 05/02/2019 11:50 AM

The one outstanding thing for me in the show, was that those condos on Beacon Hill have no wall or fencing before the drop down to the beach. That is just scary!
Posted By: 319expat

Re: SXM to be featured on Caribbean Life - 05/02/2019 07:33 PM

On the HHI link posted above (thanks, btw, I had missed that one!), I knew that they weren't going with #1 because I stayed across the street and it was still on the market when I was there (but only 560,000 euro). I've tried to rent it myself (it's on air bnb), but it's never been available on the dates we need.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline