TravelTalkOnline

Update On Lee's Roadside Grill

Posted By: CaribLee

Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 05/03/2019 12:58 PM

I spoke to Lee and Ileana yesterday. They are hoping to have Lee's open by sometime in June. In spite of potential parking issues, it will be nice to see them up and operating again.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 05/03/2019 02:52 PM

Disappointed it won't be open till POSSIBLY June. Was hoping to eat there when I arrive May 11th.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 05/03/2019 03:01 PM

When I talked to Lee in March he was hoping for May but now it sounds like that is not happening.

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 05/03/2019 03:20 PM

I remember that post. We leave St Maarten for home June 1st. Darn.

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 05/03/2019 03:45 PM

Island time. Roxxy Beach got open pretty quick but they had a lot more workers. Lee had 3-4 workers at most plus himself.

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 05/03/2019 05:24 PM

OK. But it is a pretty small place.
Posted By: KandG

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 06/17/2019 03:27 PM

Here's a photo of the progress at Lee's as of last week, taken June 11. It's a view from the (upper) parking lot at the Atrium, directly across the street.

Attached picture Lee's.jpg

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 06/17/2019 03:52 PM

Looks the same as it did last month. Wonder what the holdup is.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 06/17/2019 05:05 PM

Will try to find out.
Posted By: pat

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 06/17/2019 05:06 PM

Ty, Lesley.
Posted By: bran

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 06/17/2019 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
Island time. Roxxy Beach got open pretty quick but they had a lot more workers. Lee had 3-4 workers at most plus himself.

Did you and eat/drink at Roxxy Beach? I had a quick look. Prices were high it seemed and quite South Beach, not what I was looking for. Appeared out of place for that area.

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 06/17/2019 05:58 PM

Roxxy Beach Bar and restaurant is very nice indeed and some things are a bit pricey , depending on what you want to have.
Great atmosphere and service.
Posted By: badbenni

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 06/18/2019 02:41 AM

There is absolutely no parking for the restaurant other than several spaces on the side road . I think all the businesses around Lees inclusding the Market and Greenhouse and Buccanear will be very upset as people park in their spots to go to Lee's.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 06/18/2019 04:20 AM

He has mentioned he will have valet parking. Not sure where that will be unless he will be sharing the extra parking lot up the hill with the Greenhouse. It is not used much for Greenhouse and is advertised as extra parking.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 06/18/2019 12:39 PM

I don't know whether that lot is not used by Greenhouse or not, but we almost always park there, if we're going to the GH. I never knew what the big deal was about Lee's. Never got it, as we always got fairly surly service there.

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 06/23/2019 11:20 PM

Awaiting license approval.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 06/23/2019 11:32 PM

Lee's was all about the Lobster... We had a table of 12 awhile back where everyone ordered lobster. I was the only one who did not do justice to mine. I prefer lobster tails. It is alot of work to eat a whole lobster. 🦀
Posted By: Maria_and_Steve

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 06/23/2019 11:55 PM

Actually the Red Snapper at Lee's was his signature dish. You had to ask for Red Snapper fillet and that was better than the whole red snapper but not listed on the menu. It was the best on the island, IMHO. smile

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 06/24/2019 12:00 AM

They haven't had red snapper filets for a few years before Irma.

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 06/24/2019 12:31 AM

Correct.
Posted By: Maria_and_Steve

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 06/24/2019 06:30 PM

Actually we got the red snapper fillets right before Irma struck. You just have to ask to get them wink The waitress never hesitated in bringing them to us.

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 06/24/2019 06:38 PM

If you can trust it was really snapper filet as they had not served it for many years, Even when the menu said snapper filet it was substituted for another white fish very similar to snapper and very hard to tell the difference.

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 06/24/2019 06:49 PM

And frozen from the looks of some boxes I noticed "behind the scenes" a few years ago.

A local place in my area used to serve "all u can eat walleye" (leading customers to believe it was Lake Erie Walleye) when it fact it is frozen Alaskan Pollock and also known as Walleye Pollock.

Kind of like ordering Tilapia, one never knows for sure what they are getting as there are over 100 species that can be called Tilapia fish.

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 06/24/2019 06:54 PM

Yep. Far from being fresh caught. Cold water snapper and cod from warm waters. Not.

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 06/24/2019 07:14 PM

Gentleman that place was located on the Lagoon and Lee and a Big Fishing boat that he use to use for both locals and Tourist.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Update On Lee's Roadside Grill - 06/24/2019 07:39 PM

Heading back down to the island on Wednesday and will try to get a more definitive opening date when I can.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline