TravelTalkOnline

parking for Club O beach

Posted By: TundraCat

parking for Club O beach - 05/16/2019 03:50 PM

Now that Club Orient is closed, where is the best place to park to access the clothing-optional yellow umbrella beach? Can we still park in the Club O lot and walk in, or is the property closed off (and/or dangerous?)
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: parking for Club O beach - 05/16/2019 04:51 PM

The parking lot is closer to the beach behind Perch Lite. You'll see the signs.
Posted By: TundraCat

Re: parking for Club O beach - 05/16/2019 05:16 PM

Thanks! So approach skirting the salt flats, as if we were going to Club O, or through Orient village to where Pedros used to be?

Re: parking for Club O beach - 05/16/2019 05:33 PM

Either way works.
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: parking for Club O beach - 05/17/2019 02:09 AM

The "new" entrance is on the corner where Pedros and the taxi parking used to be, very easy and you're right on the beach by Perch Lite
Posted By: pwarrick

Re: parking for Club O beach - 08/19/2019 01:18 PM

What do they charge these days?
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: parking for Club O beach - 08/19/2019 01:34 PM

There was no charge for parking in April.

Re: parking for Club O beach - 08/19/2019 02:29 PM

No charge yesterday

Re: parking for Club O beach - 08/19/2019 04:54 PM

Thanks, y'all! Since you've been there so recently, how's the seaweed situation?

Re: parking for Club O beach - 08/19/2019 05:06 PM

Nothing really at the south end of Orient.
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: parking for Club O beach - 08/19/2019 06:00 PM

I just drive in near where Pedro's used to be, easy to spot. I was last there in March and at the time don't recall anyone charging a fee, though now I suspect they must.

Re: parking for Club O beach - 08/19/2019 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by jmbcomms
I just drive in near where Pedro's used to be, easy to spot. I was last there in March and at the time don't recall anyone charging a fee, though now I suspect they must.

As I said above, they do not. The beach is quite empty.

Re: parking for Club O beach - 08/19/2019 06:53 PM

Fantastic! Two weeks and counting....
Posted By: moi

Re: parking for Club O beach - 08/26/2019 03:44 PM

Went in May. Beach was fantastic. Cedric and his guys clean seaweed off beach every morning. Don't advise going past the Papagayo...there were a couple of guys hanging around in case someone wanted them to have relations with their wives...at least that's what the bartender told us they do down there. Pretty scary, but they don't come onto the beach. Hopefully someone will end that little entrepreneurship before we return next year.
Posted By: MORWAVES

Re: parking for Club O beach - 08/26/2019 09:43 PM

Was there in June and July and no charge for parking. As far as the Papagayo situation is concerned I heard a little different story about what goes on there. The best remedy for that would be tear the bldgs down that are there or condemn them(if there is such a thing in St. Martin) and fine people that are inside them.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline