TravelTalkOnline

Carrefour Cole Bay

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Carrefour Cole Bay - 05/18/2019 12:33 PM

Someone in another thread said that the Carrefour in Cole Bay is ready to reopen. Can anyone confirm that? Would be nice to have that option.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Carrefour Cole Bay - 05/18/2019 12:35 PM

No, it's not ready.

Re: Carrefour Cole Bay - 05/18/2019 12:35 PM

OK, disappointing. I didn't really think so, but wanted to be surprised.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Carrefour Cole Bay - 05/18/2019 01:17 PM

Drove buy yesterday. Looks to be a long ways away to being ready o open.
Posted By: dcareri

Re: Carrefour Cole Bay - 05/18/2019 11:19 PM

We shopped the other Carrefore the last couple of weeks and thought that it was a very well stocked and with good fruits and meats. I was never in the big store that's under reconstruction but this one is more than big enough for us to re-provision for at least a couple of weeks.

Re: Carrefour Cole Bay - 05/18/2019 11:26 PM

Agreed, the Carrefour by Mark's is very well stocked. The Cole Bay store is more convenient from a lot of places though.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Carrefour Cole Bay - 05/19/2019 03:51 AM

When we were there in March, we visited the Mark's Carrefore numerous times. Since the remodel, the store is FANTASTIC. There was more choices that i ever saw before....and really enjoyed shopping there. Also found the prices better than before Irma. The fruits were so fresh and sweet....the selection of ''snacks'' was better than ever....the bakery goods were all delicious and fresh...and even though we didn't buy any meats, the new store seems to have a much larger selection than ever before....and looked over the meats, and they looked fantastic. For folks that do bring their own from home, i would doubt that what you bring would be any better than what i saw in their stock. We did notice that the prices at Mark's location, and the carrefore express in jordan village surely did NOT match up. Seemed like it was much cheaper at the roundabout. Just an f y i.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Carrefour Cole Bay - 05/19/2019 11:19 AM

May seem like it, but it's not. Prices have risen quite a bit since Irma, in all stores.

Re: Carrefour Cole Bay - 05/19/2019 12:23 PM

Agreed, prices in restaurants and grocery stores seem way up since Irma.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Carrefour Cole Bay - 05/19/2019 12:38 PM

I missed a trip in 2018 (after MANY consecutive years) and found many prices to be up substantially in March 2019. I would estimate in the 30% or so range.

Carrefour by Mark's Place was top-notch.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Carrefour Cole Bay - 05/19/2019 09:21 PM

Here now. Haven't noticed much price change other than a dollar here and there.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline