TravelTalkOnline

New Orient Beach Hotel?

Posted By: PelicanPirate

New Orient Beach Hotel? - 05/20/2019 04:20 PM

Friends said they heard there was a new Orient Beach hotel. Anybody heard? New hotel or old hotel refurbed with new name?
Posted By: SammyM

Re: New Orient Beach Hotel? - 05/21/2019 03:20 AM

When? This month? No new hotel that I saw, but that was two months ago. Palm Court, however reopens in July and that's good news. Just a short, flat walk to Orient Beach from this place.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: New Orient Beach Hotel? - 05/21/2019 10:13 AM

Orient Beach Hotel

Found on facebook but I know nothing more about it.
Posted By: deputydog1157

Re: New Orient Beach Hotel? - 05/21/2019 10:35 AM

One of the comments said it was the old Blue Bay Beach Hotel, but I have no idea if that's correct
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: New Orient Beach Hotel? - 05/21/2019 10:35 AM

One of the postings says the former Blue Bay Beach Hotel
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: New Orient Beach Hotel? - 05/21/2019 05:06 PM

Not sure where the Blue Bay Beach Hotel was,but the architecture renderings looked like the damaged place north of La Playa
Posted By: jeepers

Re: New Orient Beach Hotel? - 05/21/2019 05:26 PM

Well darn it, isn't there somebody there that could scurry on over & get us the details??? Blue Bay didn't look that ready or worked on in January. Please!
Posted By: Ted_n_Jan

Re: New Orient Beach Hotel? - 05/22/2019 04:04 AM

When we were in SXM in March someone we knew who had stayed at Blue Bay in the past said that there was a plan to reopen Blue Bay as a resort. He was skeptical of the whole idea.

There was quite a bit of damage in Blue Bay and we saw no significant signs of work being done.

That’s all I’ve got folks.
Posted By: SKJay

Re: New Orient Beach Hotel? - 05/22/2019 10:27 AM

They were re-framing a couple of their roofs when we were there end of March. We drove by later to take a closer look and saw that there are people staying in the two building closet to the old Waikiki. I was previously told that they had several long term renters or leases in some of the 1st and 2nd floor units. We stayed there in May 2017 and absolutely loved it there. Obviously our 2018 reservation was cancelled. Great location, nice rooms and quick access to the beach. Hope it reopens soon!
Posted By: IknewIwasright

Re: New Orient Beach Hotel? - 05/22/2019 10:29 AM

In late April there was extensive gutting being done.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline