TravelTalkOnline

Need a good rental car suggestions

Posted By: gsdoat

Need a good rental car suggestions - 05/22/2019 07:49 PM

We're arriving in a little over 30 days and I need a good rental car agency that will give me a good deal for a longer term rental (30 days+).

The owner of the house we're renting suggested BananaLocation, but I've never heard of them or used them before.

Any help would be much appreciated!!
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Need a good rental car suggestions - 05/22/2019 08:00 PM

Try Kenny's, who is also a sponsor of this forum. I believe the website is Kennyscarrental.com or something similar to that. Next time we go, if we decide to rent a car, it will be from this agency.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Need a good rental car suggestions - 05/22/2019 08:08 PM

I prefer the smaller cars, which Leslie/Kenny doesn't have. I have been using Leisure Car Rental for several years and am very happy with both their pricing and service.

Link to Leisure website
Posted By: PnPinNC

Re: Need a good rental car suggestions - 05/22/2019 08:19 PM

Michael at Unity (Dutch side)
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Need a good rental car suggestions - 05/22/2019 10:15 PM

One thing to remember is that credit cards often only cover Physical Damage for a maximum of 30 days. Got burned on that one one time.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Need a good rental car suggestions - 05/22/2019 10:36 PM

I'm sold on Hertz. Used them the last 20 years will never a problem.
Posted By: bigbobthib

Re: Need a good rental car suggestions - 05/22/2019 10:42 PM

Leisure Car Rental.
Posted By: sunmantwo

Re: Need a good rental car suggestions - 05/23/2019 12:09 AM

We just got back one week ago. We tried Best deals car rentals. We were quoted $100 for a small Chevy for the week and that’s what we paid, nothing added on. Nice people.
Posted By: gsdoat

Re: Need a good rental car suggestions - 05/23/2019 12:39 AM

Thanks all! I've got a few requests out for pricing now.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Need a good rental car suggestions - 05/23/2019 11:16 AM

Car rental is probably the most frequent topic on this board. You may want to search past posts for more information.
A total price quote in writing is likely the most important advice you will receive.
Posted By: SXMNorm

Re: Need a good rental car suggestions - 05/23/2019 01:04 PM

I've been using angela@horizoncarrentals.com for 5 or more years. Very reliable, easy check-in/check-out service. Discounts available.
Posted By: bigkahona

Re: Need a good rental car suggestions - 05/23/2019 01:22 PM

I used Alain Arnell in March for 5 weeks Triple AAA Great service and a very nice car. Reasonable Rates also very convenient to the airport.
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Need a good rental car suggestions - 05/23/2019 02:31 PM

We rented from Banana once. The A/C didn't work very well. The car was a "beater". That was quite a long time ago, however. We like Hertz and have also rented from Michael at Unity. (Make sure you get the right Unity, as we have heard that there are two now.)
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Need a good rental car suggestions - 05/23/2019 02:32 PM

Michael at Unity or Best Deal.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Need a good rental car suggestions - 05/23/2019 07:27 PM

I have used several different car rental agencies over the past 25 years and have not had any real problems with any of them. Some have newer cars and some have cars not in great condition but they do the job. Last year I used Leisure for the first time and I was very pleased with the pricing and the excellent service provided. I definitely will use them again. They also give 15% discounts for members of some SXM forums which is nice.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Need a good rental car suggestions - 05/24/2019 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by islandgem
They also give 15% discounts for members of some SXM forums which is nice.

And after you have rented with them three times, the discount goes up to 25%! smile
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline