TravelTalkOnline

Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 01:01 AM

We tried it a week ago and walked out from no service after waiting 45 min. Tonight we go there and are the only ones in there and sit down. Waiter comes over and doesn't know it's Taco Tuesday like the Facebook page says and the reader board out front states. Waiter checks with owner sitting behind bar drinking beer and informs waiter it is all you can eat Taco Tuesday. Waiter comes back and we place order. After 40 min waiting for food we said ****it, paid for drinks and walked out. Should have learned first time but wanted to give them a second chance. Our mistake and never again.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 09:32 AM

I was not impressed with the place when we stopped in for a quick drink back in March.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 11:42 AM

Only went there once , not our place , even though they have a nice water view.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 11:59 AM

We gave it two tries. Not our cup of tea

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 12:51 PM

Thought you might want to see conversation on Facebook we had after I posted same as above on their page. Just shows their attitude towards customers that are visiting their island. Thank goodness this is not indicative of the rest of the island we have grown to love.

Dinghy Dock Sailors Bar: You should get a new watch. Ordered at 9:05 and started complaining at 9:20. Want to eat raw chicken? And if your dumb [censored] sat for 45 mins last week with no service, who is really at fault?

Me: Dinghy Dock Sailors Bar we sat at 7 and your comment says a lot about how you care about customer service.

Dinghy Dock Sailors Bar: and who drinks merlot with tacos??

Me: Dinghy Dock Sailors Bar keep it up. Just shows you really care about how you treat customers. Others are paying attention. Explains why it was fairly empty tonight when we left.

Dinghy Dock Sailors Bar: 7? BS.

Dinghy Dock Sailors Bar: I hope they are listening and know to stay away. Don’t bring your high maintenance [censored] here, we don’t tolerate it. Come for what we do, nothing else.
Posted By: bran

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 01:04 PM

Like it. SXM
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 01:06 PM

bran--you like it, that they were rude? OK...

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 01:20 PM

I know the owner has a major attitude, some seem to like it, not for me at all.

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 01:31 PM

Yep, not a nice person.
Posted By: bigkahona

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 01:49 PM

Went there in March I had a beer wife had a run punch $16 This was in the afternoon.See you later.
Posted By: SurferMike

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 02:04 PM

We were there last March in the afternoon for lunch. Not very crowded and were served right away. The rib and salad plate was so good, we went back a few weeks later for more. The waiter and waitress we had on those two visits were prompt and friendly. It’s a shame what happened recently that you all posted. I guess we lucked out.
Posted By: jborosara

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 02:14 PM

I drink Merlot with tacos, though I prefer a Rhone or Zinfandel

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 02:16 PM

Yes, that certainly was an odd statement!! laugh I'd drink merlot with anything! toast

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 02:21 PM

My visits were not recent!

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 02:21 PM

They wanted $20 for a cider!
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 02:24 PM

Wow, it was once on my short list of places to hit. Guess i will take their advise and steer clear. I've been treat like that at better places than theirs! LOL smile
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 02:24 PM

Never been there but really miss the old location in Oyster Pond. I am pretty aggressive when it comes to ordering and have no patience. I go to the bar or track down my order in the kitchen. LOL I am every servers nightmare!

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 02:34 PM

When Matt had the old location in Oyster Pond it was wonderful. Then he sold......
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 03:04 PM

That's what I was thinking. These reviews don't sound at all like the original Dinghy Dock in OP. We always enjoyed it there.

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 03:30 PM

I went to DD facebook page and your comment is still there with the replies you posted. It is a nasty reply to a customer and I think they probably think it is funny? If you look at their menu about tipping or their other fb posts it is mostly crude. I guess they only want a certain customer who likes that crude satire?

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 03:48 PM

The one in Oyster Pond got like that in it's last couple of years under this ownership.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 06:32 PM

For someone in customer service, his hashtag labels are incredibly rude and crude.
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 07:18 PM

If all you ever aspire to be is a grotty sailor's bar...

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by jazzgal
For someone in customer service, his hashtag labels are incredibly rude and crude.

As unbecoming as it is, I think that is part of his act. I find it offensive and their drink prices were off the charts.

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 08:13 PM

I've never been there, but with their food specials, somehow I thought the place was a cheap dive. High alcohol prices I guess are to make up for cheap food??
Posted By: Todd

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 10:50 PM

They have good beer, so I will stop in at times and I would note that I have never had an issue with the owner or staff in the 20 or so times that I have stopped there. The owner (blank on the name) would go to Cupecoy with his dog that had issues and take it swimming for the dogs health, that rules him out in my book of being as bad as people wish to think of him. I get the complaints, not saying they are not valid either but there is a positive. Good beer and the man really cared about his dog. I'll leave it at that!

Note, down the way you can get great food at Lal's !

Cheers!

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 10:59 PM

Good for him. Dogs deserve the best for the short time they are with us. To bad he doesn't think the same about people. Just saying.
Posted By: kim

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 11:15 PM

I’m in the same boat as Todd. Always a good time, never the attitude. But I can see where the bluntness and raunchiness turns people off. He does many fund raisers for the animals at the bar. He and his staff were wonderful to my daughter and her friends when they had a flat at 1am. Someone from the bar drove them back to Cupecoy and told her don’t worry about the car till morning. Plus I really like the mussels!!!!

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/29/2019 11:59 PM

Well we there last Thursday for the first time because one of our good client had her Birthday hang out there and contributed to the Animal Fund Raising that was there. Her bill was donated to them . Enjoyed The Chicken Wings .

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/30/2019 12:02 AM

And they own a property here a long time ago but don't live here full time.

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/30/2019 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill

No not at all Carol. I like how SXM stood up for his principals.

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/30/2019 01:18 AM

OK, I'm going to agree to disagree with you there. Rude is rude.. What one thinks to yourself is one thing. What you post for anyone to see, you should think about the response..
Posted By: jaxon60

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/30/2019 01:47 AM

We enjoyed the all you can drink brunch and half price craft beer on Sundays in January. Also enjoyed the company of the bartender. We will be returning when we are back in January.
Posted By: NeilRooney

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/30/2019 10:59 AM

It was great fun when owned by Ryan in the 1990's

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/30/2019 12:44 PM

U

OK, I'm going to agree to disagree with you there. Rude is rude.. What one thinks to yourself is one thing. What you post for anyone to see, you should think about the response..

Carol, I’m confused here....who were you describing was rude in the first place? Who do you think was at fault here, the owner or Scuba, as I am missing something.....
Posted By: SURICK

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/30/2019 12:56 PM

At some point this site was an information provider, but somewhere along the line we have degenerated into a "bash this" forum. People then take sides and offer their opinion and off to the races we go. Ok, so you had a bad experience, we all do at some point, but why do we need to go on and on about such trivial matters. Let's get back to doing what we do best, and that is provide information about what is new and what is going on, on the island.

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/30/2019 01:08 PM

bran--I think the owner of the business was rude.

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/30/2019 01:12 PM

Sorry, surick, people have opinions about things. People disagree--about MOST things. It's the way of the world. To say that there are no negative experiences on the island does everyone a disservice, in not providing a true picture. And as far as negativity in posts, the only negativity I really see on this front page has to do with this subject. And it seems earned to me..

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/30/2019 02:32 PM

bran--I think the owner of the business was rude.

As I thought, we are both in complete agreement, that’s what I thought from the beginning. Last post on this subject.

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 05/30/2019 03:32 PM

Stating facts from a personal experience is not bashing.

Carol and bran, I was confused also but I am glad we are all on the same page now.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 06/01/2019 08:08 PM

Replying to nobody specific but I read the FB reviews and I honestly could not stop laughing, shared them with some friends as well and we all laughed, I honestly can't wait to go back. Sorry to all of you that didn't have a good experience there but it is a bit refreshing to see somebody not just take the bad review but to respond in a hilariously sarcastic way.

Probably sorry I brought this thread back up but......I am still laughing. Have a great weekend everybody!

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 06/01/2019 08:47 PM

There was a place in Vermont with a sign on the road.... Warm beer, grumpy owner etc. It was funny! It brought people in and the beer was nice and cold and the owner was friendly! This is different! It is not satire! I also know he gets really pissed off when people walk through his bar to the black barge parked in front of his view????

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 06/01/2019 08:48 PM

That is not there anymore . It has be moved into Kim Sha Beach area.

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 06/01/2019 09:01 PM

Good to know... Thanks! Kim Sha Beach is really getting crowded if that is the case?

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 06/01/2019 10:53 PM

Not really .
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 06/01/2019 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Todd
Replying to nobody specific but I read the FB reviews and I honestly could not stop laughing, shared them with some friends as well and we all laughed, I honestly can't wait to go back. Sorry to all of you that didn't have a good experience there but it is a bit refreshing to see somebody not just take the bad review but to respond in a hilariously sarcastic way.

Probably sorry I brought this thread back up but......I am still laughing. Have a great weekend everybody!

Todd..I'm with you. We had a blast with Seth Thursday night. Spent HOURS chatting, eating and drinking. He is the type to be quite amused by all of this. He's just an irreverent type. I also brought my friend Fisherman who has a place on the Boardwalk. Introduced him to Seth. Fisherman brought his two young children and Seth could not have been more accommodating...especially when the 11 year old girl wanted the wi-fi password and Seth said, 'oh ...hand me your phone I'll do it for you.."...because the network name is..ummm unmentionable..and the password really goes with it.

Vanilla and Chocolate. We've all said that.

It's Irie mon.

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 06/02/2019 12:50 AM

"refreshing to see somebody not just take the bad review but to respond in a hilariously sarcastic way."
Call it what you want, I call it just plain rude.
Posted By: DInghyDock

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 06/03/2019 07:56 PM

Love me or hate me, just keep talking about me.

Scuba Steve, you actually didn't pay for that wine. So your welcome. The tacos were killer btw.

I haven't been on here in quite some time, I missed the drama. I so wish hashtags worked here. Anyway, next time.

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 06/03/2019 10:24 PM

Bull sh***. I paid 14.00 for our 2 glasses of wine to the waiter at the counter. You seem to not have a handle on what actually goes on there or don't give a rats a**. Get your facts straight before you put it out there. The more you post the more you look like People see you as previously stated.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 06/03/2019 10:32 PM

This is entertaining, please don’t close the thread!!
Posted By: CLIFFTOPS

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 06/03/2019 10:37 PM

This is good stuff!

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 06/03/2019 10:48 PM

Forgot to add that I was paying the same time another group sitting at the bar was sending their food back since it was something they didn't order.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Dinghy Dock Taco Tuesday - 06/04/2019 12:04 AM

We went there for the first time in January and we didn’t stay 5 minutes. The place was dead and no one approached us even though they were there doing nothing. I was beginning to think maybe they owned that ship bar and we were sitting in a closed section.

Anyways after hearing about the name all these years not impressed and 99% chance won’t end up there unless the overwhelming pull of the company of others lead us back in.

Maybe he is independently wealthy and making money is secondary?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline