TravelTalkOnline

trip report May 25 thru June 6 2019

Posted By: cocapt

trip report May 25 thru June 6 2019 - 06/11/2019 07:33 PM

A long time lurker getting useful information from these boards. Have stayed on island at least 10 times but have never did a trip report.
Here goes, and sorry, no pictures. We always stay in Orient Village in either studios or apartments. Our usual place was not available after Irma so stayed at Mont Vernon.
The view and studio were awesome but are unlikely to stay there again. The parking is aweful if you don't have access to the parking garage.
Had lunches at Perch Lite daily, their Cheeseburger and Fries are really good. For evenings we went to Le Piment , one of my favorite dishes is the Salmon topped with goat cheese, honey and almond slivers.
Tried some new places to eat such as Rancho Del Sol, SAO and Grand Case Beach Club.
We are glad we returned after Irma. In fact, we will be on island again August 9 thru 16 of this year. Cedrick said he will have chair rentals in August. Forgot to ask at Perch Lite if they will be open then. I will say for the
first time ever for us, on our 2nd day it was windy and overcast and the girl said she only had beer and didn't know how long she would be open. What! and by 2 or 3 she was closed. I remember if the weather started
to get bad and rain, that's when Willy got super busy.
Thanks for reading.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: trip report May 25 thru June 6 2019 - 06/11/2019 07:54 PM

Thanks for the report.
Posted By: Alexander9228

Re: trip report May 25 thru June 6 2019 - 06/11/2019 08:22 PM

Very nice, thanks! Staying for my first time in an Airbnb in Orient Village and we are very excited.
Posted By: JohnandBev

Re: trip report May 25 thru June 6 2019 - 06/11/2019 08:29 PM

Hi, thanks for the report
Did you walk north up the beach a little- curious how Pirates and Chez Leandra are coming along
How did you like SAO - reviews look good

Thanks
J&B
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: trip report May 25 thru June 6 2019 - 06/11/2019 08:29 PM

Thank you for sharing your first post!

Re: trip report May 25 thru June 6 2019 - 06/11/2019 08:42 PM

We saw the sign where Chez Leandra is going. Most days there were 4 to 6 workers doing underground pipes, and looks like they were putting cement on roof. It's a pretty big project and don't think it will be ready in August
from what we could tell. We ate twice at SAO. We had rice noodles with shrimp and vegetables, followed by passion fruit rum shot and the second visit rum shot was mango, pineapple. The server was so nice. We also had good service at Bikini. Had appetizers and some good Long Island Tea's!

Re: trip report May 25 thru June 6 2019 - 06/11/2019 08:48 PM

ALEXANDER 9228, We love Orient Village. We are staying there when we return in August. We like that we have access to good food and drinks and can walk to apartment.
Have fun on your trip and hope you love the area as we do.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: trip report May 25 thru June 6 2019 - 06/11/2019 08:52 PM

Thanks for the report!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline