TravelTalkOnline

Carol Hill

Posted By: annS

Carol Hill - 06/17/2019 12:18 PM

Carol, Can you share where you are staying?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Carol Hill - 06/17/2019 12:30 PM

I will at some point before we leave, yes. If I post some pictures, some will figure it out.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Carol Hill - 06/17/2019 02:56 PM

What's the secret?
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Carol Hill - 06/17/2019 03:16 PM

It's a special anniversary...perhaps they just want to be on the DL for a while... wink
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Carol Hill - 06/17/2019 03:27 PM

Why do people need to know NOW where they are staying? Wait until a trip report after they have left. If I weren't staying in a resort with security, I wouldn't advertise where I was staying.

Re: Carol Hill - 06/17/2019 08:15 PM

I would say 50% jazzgal and 50% BeachKitten.. Back from a lovely day at Anse Marcel Beach Club.

Re: Carol Hill - 06/17/2019 08:20 PM

Other than the road to and from how did you like Anse Marcel? You get to eat in one of the cabanas?
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: Carol Hill - 06/17/2019 08:43 PM

Yes, got to eat in the cabanas, and the road --- not sure what the big deal is. Yes hilly and some tight turns but not that bad -- was always room for two cars. OK maybe a garbage truck would be a challenge. But I did not think it was that bad compared to the stories..... Been driving on much worse in SXM and other island in particular by far and away.
Posted By: Cincinnati_Kid

Re: Carol Hill - 06/17/2019 10:16 PM

Speaking of driving, I believe St. Martin driving improves my driving skills. I notice that when I return to Ohio. Much more focused on the road now.
Can’t take your eyes off the road in st Maarten ! Right ?
Driving is almost an Olympic sport on island !

Don

Re: Carol Hill - 06/17/2019 10:53 PM

"OK maybe a garbage truck would be a challenge. "
I can say from experience it was a real challenge having one coming down as we were going up.
Glad you have an enjoyable time and got to eat in a cabana.

Re: Carol Hill - 06/18/2019 04:42 AM

I am not doing a trip report this trip but ate in a cabana a week ago last Sunday. Delightful experience.

Re: Carol Hill - 06/18/2019 12:33 PM

Wow, Linda, really??? I so look forward to your reports!!!! I assume you were with some friends, since it was a Sunday? They told us that they were slammed on Sunday the 16th. (Which of course was also Father's Day.)
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Carol Hill - 06/18/2019 04:02 PM

Great choice spending a day at Anse Marcel.

Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did---

Special place for a special occasion!
Happy Anniversary!

Re: Carol Hill - 06/18/2019 04:17 PM

It was very nice. Thanks for the good wishes. Eventually will post some pictures.
Posted By: fabila

Re: Carol Hill - 06/18/2019 05:11 PM

Oh no! I've been anxiously awaiting it. I totally get it though. I don't do mine with any regularity anymore.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Carol Hill - 06/18/2019 05:58 PM

Cincinnati Kid ... driving on St. Maarten is interesting, but if you want to ramp it up a notch try renting a car on St. Barth's. It gives new meaning to the term 'hilly'. At least in SXM you have the option to either drive or catch a taxi. On St. Barth's the taxi costs are totally ridiculous, so a rental car there is a necessity.
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: Carol Hill - 06/18/2019 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by jazzgal
I am not doing a trip report this trip but ate in a cabana a week ago last Sunday. Delightful experience.

Oh how I look forward to your trip reports! I know they can be a PITA to write. How about a paragraph about the best thing you did on this vacation??
Posted By: Cincinnati_Kid

Re: Carol Hill - 06/18/2019 06:48 PM

Agree. My wife and I took a cab in st Bart’s. Could not wait to get back to st Martin! But, I may give st. Bart’s another try some day, if I fly over.
The ferry over was horrible.

Re: Carol Hill - 06/19/2019 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Eric_Hill
and the road --- not sure what the big deal is. Yes hilly and some tight turns but not that bad

I agree. I've never thought that drive was scary or treacherous. Just up and down a couple of hills. No biggie.

Re: Carol Hill - 06/19/2019 03:05 PM

Cake Hill and the road down to Indigo are worse! lol

Re: Carol Hill - 06/19/2019 03:11 PM

Oh, no WAY you would catch me on the road down to Indigo!!!!!! Cake Hill doesn't bother me though.

Re: Carol Hill - 06/19/2019 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Oh, no WAY you would catch me on the road down to Indigo!!!!!! Cake Hill doesn't bother me though.

lol! My hubby wants to go to that restaurant so badly....I said he'd have to leave me at the top and I would walk down... wink

Re: Carol Hill - 06/20/2019 02:44 AM

The road to Indigo? I was just on it a few days ago, and it was fine. ???

Re: Carol Hill - 06/20/2019 12:06 PM

I am scared of heights and the road terrifies me to look at it from above. Looking DOWN off the side of the road?? No way Jose!!!!

Re: Carol Hill - 06/20/2019 12:15 PM

But you managed Anse Marcel ... ?? I don't think Indigo is nearly as "bad," and I don't think AM is bad.

Re: Carol Hill - 06/20/2019 12:24 PM

Anse Marcel didn't seem to have the huge drop offs with no railings. Plus, Eric drove and I just closed my eyes occasionally anyway! laugh
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Carol Hill - 06/20/2019 12:36 PM

Happy special anniversary!! Where did you have anniversary dinner? Safe travels!!
Posted By: DICKG

Re: Carol Hill - 06/20/2019 01:24 PM

I agree a good idea Olympic sport , sometime when driving I think my head is spinning around never know when you will be passed and on which side very exciting good for the blood pressure .

Re: Carol Hill - 06/20/2019 02:08 PM

jeepers--we went to Auberge Gourmande for our anniversary. Frankly, it was ok. Tough beef filet?? We had better meals at Cote Plage, Le Piment, Anse Marcel Beach Club and Kakao, considering the price paid for each. Cote Plage was the best, and was head and shoulders above Auberge, for almost exactly the same price. For the PRICE, the carry out pizza we got at Al Dente was a great value and was very good also.
Posted By: pat

Re: Carol Hill - 06/20/2019 02:12 PM

Enjoyed your photos and comments and knowing all good things must come to an end, hoping all goes well from this point on. Safe travels, Carol and Eric!!

Re: Carol Hill - 06/20/2019 02:14 PM

thanks, my friend! Have a bunch more photos, which presumably will get posted at some point.. Good trip.. Really thankful we could spend this time here and looking forward to being able to return to Beachside in October!!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline