TravelTalkOnline

AA out of PHL cancelled today

Posted By: bdeeley

AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/18/2019 04:14 PM

American Airlines has listed their flight out of Philadelphia as cancelled for today.
Posted By: Alexander9228

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/18/2019 04:24 PM

Ugh, supposed to fly them in two weeks.... They cancelled the day of?? That's rough..

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/18/2019 04:28 PM

Yeaaaa and that's the same flight, down to the flight number, that we're supposed to take. Very concerning. Gonna talk to AA today I guess. Maybe look into a backup plan just in case? If they cancel the morning of I will blow a fuse.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/18/2019 05:06 PM

Yes I have two families on the flight .

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/18/2019 05:08 PM

I'm seeing that yesterday's flight took off, just a bit late. Today's cancelled and two more scheduled for tomorrow and Thursday. Kenny, did they mention why it was cancelled?

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/18/2019 05:32 PM

Just talked to AA, they said it was cancelled due to a maintenance issue. Not great news but I guess better then saying it was cancelled for not being full enough. Hope anyone who was scheduled on todays flight gets down there eventually! smile
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/18/2019 05:40 PM

If it was a maintenance issue you have compensation coming.

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/18/2019 05:42 PM

Wasn't my flight, just have the same one booked for July 1st.

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/18/2019 05:43 PM

I have it booked for May 8th next year.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/18/2019 05:49 PM

As someone who is an outspoke critic of AA, today's cancellations were related to low cloud ceilings in the Philadelphia area, and lack of visibility with planes trying to land their. So, we can't actually pin this one on them. It sounds legit. There may also be maintenance issues, as well. Either way, they'll book you on another flight probably tomorrow, and if they say there is no room complain and maybe you'll get first class. That actually did happen to me once when I flew from Pittsburgh to Kansas City.
Posted By: ScottandKaren

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/18/2019 08:31 PM

We were supposed to be on that flight. I got the notification via text message at 4:00 AM letting me know that our flight was changed to go through Charlotte and that it was scheduled to leave Philly at 6:50 AM. I keep my phone on silent at night and didn't get the text until I got up at 5:00 AM. At that point, there wasn't any chance of us getting to the airport on time for the Charlotte flight. So, we are now on tomorrow's direct flight out of Philly. They told me this morning that it was maintenance. I am not buying it. The flight was very empty and I am guessing they just decided to cancel it.

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/18/2019 08:37 PM

I suppose you never really know with any airline, and especially American Airlines and the Philadelphia airport. They actually may be using the excuse 'maintenance' so they can get people rebooked without any type of additional fees. When it's strictly weather-related they will always screw you, but in this case it sounds like they're trying to do the right thing. Just keep this in mind the next time you decide to fly with them.
Posted By: Bahston

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/18/2019 10:10 PM

Add the dispute between AA and it’s mechanics union as a possible contributing factor.

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/18/2019 10:23 PM

It was a maintenance problem. Also Jet Blue from Florida from yesterday is still stranded here. They just tried the plane but didn't leave .

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/18/2019 11:03 PM

"Add the dispute between AA and it’s mechanics union as a possible contributing factor."
That and the baggage handlers too.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/18/2019 11:33 PM

Plenty of planes took off every hour of the am in alltypes of birds to all types of destinations including the Caribbean so weather dont look right to me.

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/19/2019 01:34 AM

I was going off what they said on The Weather Channel this morning. They mentioned Philly by name. I actually have no clue because I live on the other side of the state. As for the PHL Airport baggage handlers, their truly in a league of their own. One time a baggage handlers' strike at PHL delivered the suitcase (with all my close) exactly one week late from the day we landed. I figured the suitcase was lost forever, but I did get it eventually -- one day before our return flight.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/19/2019 02:26 AM

Wow, that sucks for those Jet Blue folks!!!!
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/19/2019 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by Kennys
It was a maintenance problem. Also Jet Blue from Florida from yesterday is still stranded here. They just tried the plane but didn't leave .

Where did the passengers go to spend the night?

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/19/2019 11:56 AM

Can't say but somewhere .

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/19/2019 01:08 PM

I think I may have found another reason for the disruption at the Philadelphia airport. Yesterday, $1 billion dollars in cocaine was confiscated at the airport by I assume the DEA. No idea where it came from, but so much for smuggling it over the Mexican border by foot. A haul like this definitely could have caused disruptions to the flight schedules at the airport. Personally, I've never had a flight changed because of a 'cocaine bust', but I suppose there's a first time for everything.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/19/2019 01:15 PM

NO, the cocaine was found at the PORT, in cargo containers off of a ship that moves on the water and not through the air. There is no correlation between these two incidents.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/19/2019 03:01 PM

bdeeley is correct. It was on a ship in the PORT. And was on it's way to Europe after Philly.

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/19/2019 03:14 PM

Too bad. I was trying to make an excuse for the PHL airport! I guess they don't any and it's business like usual today.

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/19/2019 04:06 PM

Story here.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1019021?__twitter_impression=true

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/19/2019 04:15 PM

In case anyone is curious, this mornings flight left without a problem.

Attached picture Screenshot_20190619-121440.png

Re: AA out of PHL cancelled today - 06/19/2019 05:46 PM

Correct and my Folks has just arrived.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline