TravelTalkOnline

Tourists video on youtube

Posted By: sxmmartini

Tourists video on youtube - 07/25/2019 11:53 AM

This video of SXM was done with a GoPro camera and a drone. I thought the couple did a super job...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ9UvXBCdWU
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/25/2019 01:10 PM

What a great video! One of the best I've seen, and the resolution of it was so clear it makes you feel like you're right there. They really covered much of the island in this five minute clip from Orient Beach to Ft. Amsterdam to Maho and beyond. SXM tourism should use this as a promotional video. Just curious about thing, however. Given the T-shirt she was wearing did she get to 'drink for free' at the Sunset Beach Bar?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/25/2019 01:25 PM

Hey I finally saw Ft Amsterdam! laugh Good video, although the sped up driving scenes kind of made me dizzy! crazy
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/25/2019 02:51 PM

Nice video but sure didn't like seeing all that seaweed on those beaches.

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/25/2019 02:52 PM

Also couldn't believe how rough that water was at Orient!

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/25/2019 02:58 PM

I've seen it that way before and turned right around and went to Mullet which was calm that day.
Posted By: Shelby2

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/25/2019 11:43 PM

Very cool! Now want to check out Parrotville!! I agree Carol, driving made me dizzy too!😊

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/25/2019 11:45 PM

Parrotville is really cool..

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/26/2019 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Hey I finally saw Ft Amsterdam! laugh Good video, although the sped up driving scenes kind of made me dizzy! crazy

Youtubers are so creative but do cater to a young fast crowd. I would like a slowed down version with Island music. Parrotville was my favorite!
Posted By: freedomfighter

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/26/2019 12:29 AM

Yeah, when it's that rough on Orient, we head to Pinel.

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/26/2019 01:06 AM

No music would be fine too. I just muted it.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/26/2019 02:01 AM

Hands down.....this has to be the BEST VIDEO i have ever seen of our beloved island. Kudos to the couple that filmed it. WOW
Posted By: EdB

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/26/2019 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill

LOL Carol......that was also my first visit to Ft. Amsterdam!!! Never ventured up to either forts, although every year we say this will be the year. So far....this is it smile
Posted By: pat

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/26/2019 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by sxmmartini
This video of SXM was done with a GoPro camera and a drone. I thought the couple did a super job...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ9UvXBCdWU

Thanks for sharing this, Wendy. It’s about the best one I’ve seen and I would never have found it on YouTube.
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/26/2019 12:42 PM

Truly soul food for anyone who loves SXM as much as we do! So great to see the island back after Irma.

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/26/2019 12:48 PM

We've been to the fort in Marigot, although it's been a long time. I'm not sure I really ever thought about going to Ft Amsterdam, but it is a nice view.

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/26/2019 02:48 PM

First time exposure to the Fort for me too.
Posted By: bran

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/26/2019 08:27 PM

I took a short video on my iphone when coming back from Marks...coming down the hill with that great view, very short about 20 seconds. Regardless, if I took a longer one next time, do videos come out well here, like the pics? If so, will make a 5 minute one the next time.............

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/26/2019 08:29 PM

As far as 'coming out well here', you have to upload the video somewhere else and post a link. Then it comes out fine.. I don't think you can upload videos directly here.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/26/2019 08:36 PM

I have been to both but it has been a while.

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/26/2019 10:39 PM

I am afraid of parrots... I was bitten by a parrot and still have the scar on my hand. I have no other fears except of course centipedes. LOL
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/27/2019 02:01 AM

It was a good video but not the best I have seen. Also not the best time to take a video of the island when everything is so brown and burnt up.
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/27/2019 10:16 AM

So positive.

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/27/2019 02:31 PM

Is your cup half full or half empty?
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Tourists video on youtube - 07/27/2019 09:57 PM

No halves involved. Always a full cup! 😆
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline