TravelTalkOnline

place to stay

Posted By: TANDP

place to stay - 08/12/2019 09:11 PM

Hi All,
My wife and I are looking for a place to stay for two weeks near Orient Beach that isn't terribly expensive (max. $150/night) and one that has a pool. We've stayed at Bruno's place on the hill a few times but would like to try something different this time. Many of you have given good suggestions in the past so we're hoping for another suggestion here.
Thanks,
tandp
Posted By: vacanakey

Re: place to stay - 08/12/2019 10:19 PM

Here's a few options.

https://gobeach.com/prices.htm
Posted By: SammyM

Re: place to stay - 08/13/2019 03:24 AM

Might want to check out the Hotel La Plantation which is usually around that price range this time of year. It has a pool and used to serve continental breakfast in the morning. Now, it's not exactly right on Orient Beach but a short ten minute walk will get you there quite easily. I believe Trip Advisor gives this place their 'Certificate of Excellence' which is probably a good thing.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: place to stay - 08/13/2019 04:03 AM

Mon Reve is on the way to Friar's Bay; a little further than you requested but significantly below your budget.

Mon Reve
Posted By: islandgem

Re: place to stay - 08/13/2019 05:35 PM

Have you ever considered staying there Linda? Jeepers stays there all the time and loves it. You would be really close to visit with Ruby Bute if you stayed there.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: place to stay - 08/13/2019 08:35 PM

Mon Reve looks really nice, and I intend to stay there on a future visit. But, it's not close to Orient Beach at all. You'd have to drive there which is no big deal, but it's roughly three miles (or five km) to the west of Orient. For folks looking to stay on or near Orient Beach the hotel choices are limited presently, but there are many AirBnB properties worth exploring. Just be cognizant of the prices, however.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: place to stay - 08/13/2019 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by islandgem
Have you ever considered staying there Linda? Jeepers stays there all the time and loves it. You would be really close to visit with Ruby Bute if you stayed there.

I have considered it. After staying at Tradewinds, however, I realized how important an ocean view is to me, and Mon Reve doesn't have that. But it's a great option for traveling on a limited budget.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: place to stay - 08/13/2019 09:51 PM

Linda--I'm definitely with you on the 'ocean view' necessity..
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline