TravelTalkOnline

Arbitration panel rules against Nagico in airport case

Posted By: enzosxm

Arbitration panel rules against Nagico in airport case - 08/15/2019 11:14 AM

Link:
https://thedailyherald.sx/islands/9...jia-upholds-its-71m-claim-against-nagico
Posted By: Tammy

Re: Arbitration panel rules against Nagico in airport case - 08/15/2019 11:49 AM

Thank Heavens!
It's amazing how when it's time to pay the premiums those rates are non-negotiable and must be paid on time otherwise no coverage.
Then when disaster strikes and its time to collect my oh my, it's always a song and dance.
Then you suddenly are not even entitled to the amount you are insured for, must wait forever for their adjuster etc.
Sometimes I believe they don't have the money anyways and are busy collecting premiums from other persons still.
Let's hope Nagico can pay up with speed.
Posted By: kccouple

Re: Arbitration panel rules against Nagico in airport case - 08/15/2019 02:37 PM

Will in airport ever see the money though?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Arbitration panel rules against Nagico in airport case - 08/15/2019 03:09 PM

Allegedly, according to the story, they should get it in a few weeks. But it's 'only' another $17 Million over the $50 million they have already received. The bigger question is when they will get access to the money from Holland, which I believe is around 100M. I have lost track of what is happening with that, and I THINK it's still held up because the SXM Parliament has not done what they need to do yet, as far as passing some laws?
Posted By: Tammy

Re: Arbitration panel rules against Nagico in airport case - 08/15/2019 04:15 PM

Ok yes you are right article did say the figure settled includes what was paid already.

I also think with regards to the money from holland some laws need to be passed and Dutch government wants to oversee how the money is allocated.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Arbitration panel rules against Nagico in airport case - 08/15/2019 04:22 PM

Still have not signed the integrity commission agreement.

Re: Arbitration panel rules against Nagico in airport case - 08/15/2019 04:45 PM

Elaine--and that will be done when? Never? The SXM politicians have their heads up their you-know-whats!! The airport needs that money!! It's much more than this piddly insurance settlement.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Arbitration panel rules against Nagico in airport case - 08/15/2019 04:53 PM

Preaching to the choir! Can't believe they get away with this crap.

Re: Arbitration panel rules against Nagico in airport case - 08/15/2019 05:02 PM

Can't believe it either.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Arbitration panel rules against Nagico in airport case - 08/15/2019 05:58 PM

It's all Politics and misgoverning.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline