TravelTalkOnline

Sim card..

Posted By: Shelby2

Sim card.. - 08/18/2019 02:44 PM

Just booked for next March....wooohoooo! Haven't returned since Irma and cannot wait to get back!! wave dance

Can someone please advise where I can get a sim card in simpson bay area? Your responses are appreciated!!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Sim card.. - 08/18/2019 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Shelby2
Just booked for next March....wooohoooo! Haven't returned since Irma and cannot wait to get back!! wave dance

Can someone please advise where I can get a sim card in simpson bay area? Your responses are appreciated!!

Many places will sell SIM cards and the price will vary from less than $20 to $30+. UTS has a store behind IZI and I think I paid $18 there and that included about $10 worth or credit. Many of the smaller grocery stores have them along with the Mailbox, which was the highest priced place with the least knowledgeable people. Tech Hub in the Carrefour grocery near Mark's Place is a good place to go if you need help.

Tech Hub

UTS Locations
Posted By: Shelby2

Re: Sim card.. - 08/18/2019 03:03 PM

Perfect, thanx J.D.!!
Posted By: IAmCdn54

Re: Sim card.. - 08/18/2019 07:46 PM

do the SIM cards work all over the island?
Will be staying in Orient area but plan on exploring.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Sim card.. - 08/18/2019 08:55 PM

Dutch side phones don't necessarily work great on the French side. In June this year, we stayed close to Grand Case and had lots of trouble connecting to Dutch cell towers.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Sim card.. - 08/18/2019 09:32 PM

I have a Chippie/UTS Sim. Works all over the island for us.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Sim card.. - 08/18/2019 11:51 PM

The Chippie/UTS SIM card I have also works anywhere on the island. After I load it in my Android, I pay $35 for a month of data anywhere; I don't need wifi to use data.

Re: Sim card.. - 08/18/2019 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Dutch side phones don't necessarily work great on the French side. In June this year, we stayed close to Grand Case and had lots of trouble connecting to Dutch cell towers.

After thinking about your phone issue and knowing the phone worked great in March, I am wondering if the age of the phone may have been part of the issue? Perhaps it was your location but the age of the phone was a thought.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Sim card.. - 08/19/2019 12:34 AM

Our old phone was spotty on the French side pre Irma. Since they upgraded the service, new phones and sim cards were necessary.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Sim card.. - 08/19/2019 01:07 PM

The phone we have was purchased last year, so definitely POST Irma. Possibly the problem we had was fairly localized to Mt. Choisy, where our villa was located, although I think others have stated they had problems in the Orient area. We didn't try to use the phone this time except at the villa. Where we were was closer to the towers in Anguilla than the ones in Sint Maarten, and we were on the wrong side of the mountain between us and the Dutch side. We got GREAT roaming service from Lime, which is the service on Anguilal. duh

Re: Sim card.. - 08/19/2019 01:20 PM

So much for that theory.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline