TravelTalkOnline

Oyster Pond residents complain about timeshare sellers

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Oyster Pond residents complain about timeshare sellers - 08/21/2019 02:37 PM

Daily Herald story
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Oyster Pond residents complain about timeshare sellers - 08/21/2019 02:45 PM

Thanks for the article. Those time share sellers are super annoying. Had to deal with them in past visits, including one in the parking area at Mullet Bay Beach this past March. If approached simply tell them you're not interested and keep walking and don't look back).
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Oyster Pond residents complain about timeshare sellers - 08/21/2019 02:46 PM

Think anything will be done. Not.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Oyster Pond residents complain about timeshare sellers - 08/21/2019 04:57 PM

In the past there was timeshare booths across from the Timeshare Resorts on the road. Timeshare selling by approaching rental cars is not the way to sell timeshares. The fact they camp out off premise causing traffic and approaching tourists without proper ID and uniform is not only illegal but annoying.
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Oyster Pond residents complain about timeshare sellers - 08/21/2019 05:15 PM

I got stopped in my rental car in oyster pond and got pitched, pre Irma. He was a little pushy which was annoying. We where just trying to get to Busby's.
Posted By: Jim_Laraine

Re: Oyster Pond residents complain about timeshare sellers - 08/22/2019 06:02 PM

I just say "I live here". Some of them don't believe it and laugh, but they do go away.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Oyster Pond residents complain about timeshare sellers - 08/22/2019 06:36 PM

We've been stopped in parking lot over from bikini beach. We tell them we have a place (cause we rent same one every year) . Once they yelled we had a flat tire. I yelled back "thanks" & kept on going. They got used to us & just stayed sitting down behind their car. We took them pastries one day as thanks for not bothering us every day. Lol.
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Oyster Pond residents complain about timeshare sellers - 08/22/2019 07:56 PM

They used the same tactics on the road in and out of Mont Vernon pre Irma. Such BS.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline