TravelTalkOnline

Mama Rosa Trattoria in Maho

Posted By: BarMer

Mama Rosa Trattoria in Maho - 08/21/2019 06:51 PM

Has anyone eaten at this new restaurant, which I believe has only been open for less than two months? It is on the same level as Moulin Fou and close to La Rosa.
Posted By: kim

Re: Mama Rosa Trattoria in Maho - 08/21/2019 07:16 PM

Sharon “queen” may have more scoop, but I think that it is owned by the same people who own LaRosa.

Re: Mama Rosa Trattoria in Maho - 08/21/2019 07:56 PM

I thought that might be the case, but heard the food is really good too and trying to figure out why you open a 2nd place to compete with the first.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Mama Rosa Trattoria in Maho - 08/21/2019 08:01 PM

It's another new restaurant.

Re: Mama Rosa Trattoria in Maho - 08/21/2019 08:13 PM

Thanks, Leslie, see you in Oct.

Re: Mama Rosa Trattoria in Maho - 08/21/2019 08:21 PM

Thanks and you Folks have already send your dates ?
Posted By: EdB

Re: Mama Rosa Trattoria in Maho - 08/22/2019 03:49 AM

Leslie...is it owned by the same owners as La Rosa? If so......any idea why they would open so close to their other restaurant....and if not by them....pretty sneaky owners using such a close name as the other. inquiring minds would love to know.

Re: Mama Rosa Trattoria in Maho - 08/22/2019 11:50 AM

No it's not owned by La Rosa. Actually La Rosa was given(money wise but good deal) to a long time Spanish employee from Santo Domingo .
It's run by an Italian guy that we know a long time ago, but haven't tried as yet.
Posted By: kim

Re: Mama Rosa Trattoria in Maho - 08/22/2019 01:06 PM

Lesley. I had dinner there with Sharon a month ago. Had a great conversation with Yolanda and Ricky at LaRosa. They do own the pizza place and if I remember correctly Manuel is managing or may possibly own a percentage of the pizza place.
Posted By: SharonfromSXM

Re: Mama Rosa Trattoria in Maho - 08/22/2019 01:19 PM

Well I am back after a long, long time of not posting because of many personal reasons not because of this site. Suffice it to say that I suffered several major emotional events at the same time & decided to hibernate until I felt a little normal again...I have missed all of my customers/friends not to mention Royal Palm which was my “home” for 27 years.

I had to jump into this post because I want it to be clear that Manuel is NOT the owner of Nonna Rosa but it is in fact owned by the owners of La Rosa, Ricky & Yolanda. They opened it as a less expensive type of Italian food such as,pizza, lasagna, etc. since there was no longer a pizza place in Maho. They felt it was needed but wanted La Rosa to maintain the same food & identity it has had for over 30 years so rather than incorporate it they opened the new place.

Lesley, La Orchida belonged to the long time previous La Rosa employee & it went broke rightfully so. To open next door to where you worked for many years in order to try & steal customers is despicable & I personally never went there out of loyalty to La Rosa. This restaurant no longer belongs to her & her money backers since they all disappeared after Irma..
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Mama Rosa Trattoria in Maho - 08/22/2019 01:24 PM

Good to see you back Sharon.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Mama Rosa Trattoria in Maho - 08/22/2019 01:30 PM

Agreed, good to see you back, Sharon, and thanks for the info.

Re: Mama Rosa Trattoria in Maho - 08/22/2019 01:50 PM

Hello Sharon , yes long time since I saw you and glad to hear that you are okay. Thanks for the details and kind regards till we meet somewhere again.

Re: Mama Rosa Trattoria in Maho - 08/22/2019 01:54 PM

Thank you both & believe me it had nothing to do with TTOL which holds a special place in my life. This site made my business grow unbelievably & for that I am ever grateful. I think because of my connection to the site & the sadness I was feeling I just couldn’t handle, at that time, all the questions I was going to be asked. I had to drop out for awhile but The Queen is back!!!!!👸🏼

Re: Mama Rosa Trattoria in Maho - 08/22/2019 01:57 PM

Thanks Lesley & I do miss seeing you streak in & out of the store🤣🤣. Glad you are well & that your business is growing once again. Next time I come down I will seek you out & maybe you & the wifie & I can break bread together😎

Re: Mama Rosa Trattoria in Maho - 08/22/2019 02:10 PM

But of course Dear . Next time please let me know when you are coming . Our home is now "empty" with Elijah taken off to Toronto and has finished his first year with honors . Art Design and Graffics.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Mama Rosa Trattoria in Maho - 08/22/2019 02:15 PM

Long live the Queen!

Re: Mama Rosa Trattoria in Maho - 08/22/2019 06:56 PM

Thank you for answering the question. I look forward to tying Nona Rosa and being back to La Rosa.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Mama Rosa Trattoria in Maho - 08/23/2019 03:59 AM

Sharon....welcome back!!!! You have been missed. I am glad to hear that this new restaurant IS owned by La Rosa......the idea of stealing part of a name of an establishment next door would've been beyond despicable. This new venture may help fill the void left by the closing of Pizza Pasta. I wish the owners a lot of luck with this new venture.
Posted By: fabila

Re: Mama Rosa Trattoria in Maho - 08/23/2019 11:19 AM

Welcome back Sharon.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline