TravelTalkOnline

Ace/ safari car rental

Posted By: Sunflower

Ace/ safari car rental - 09/06/2019 04:20 AM

Crooked. As they come. Who charges a woman with an old beater rental car for a transmission that went for
$2700.00 us. Then also tried to slip through another $9000.00 which the bank did finally decline. Friendly Island? My [censored]!
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Ace/ safari car rental - 09/06/2019 10:24 AM

That's why we always rent from Leslie at Kenny Car Rental. He's one of the most honest, friendly, compassionate, concerned people we have met. And heaven forbid something goes wrong whit the car (flat tire) he comes immediately to you, either to fix the problem or bring another car.

When you find honesty in this world you keep it.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Ace/ safari car rental - 09/06/2019 10:57 AM

Couple questions,
Transmission failure would fall under collision insurance which would normally be covered by your credit card. Are you saying that you paid $2700?
How did you come to choose this rental company?

This is a topic frequently discussed on this forum. Final analysis? Just as RonDon stated, there are reputable, reliable rental car companies named by many of us on TTOL.
Unfortunately, there are some that aren't trustworthy. That, in my opinion, doesn't make the island unfriendly, just that unethical company.
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Ace/ safari car rental - 09/06/2019 12:01 PM

I recently watched a SXM Youtube vacation video and it started off with they had issues with Ace rental care, and do not rent from them. Like others have said, go with reputable!
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Ace/ safari car rental - 09/06/2019 01:14 PM

That's "highway" robbery period.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Ace/ safari car rental - 09/06/2019 01:24 PM

Actually, transmission failure would not be covered as a collision loss because it does not meet the requirements for such coverage. Collision insurance is damage done your motor vehicle from striking someone or something so that path would be futile. What would be needed is some type of mechanical equipment coverage which unfortunately many companies do not offer, especially rental car companies. However, you could inquire with your credit card company just to see what they would say. That wouldn't cost anything to at least try.

Also, I don't see how a failed transmission is your responsibility regardless. Did you do something to harm the transmission (i.e. burn out the clutch, etc.)? It may not get you anywhere, but you may want to bring this up to the local authorities on St. Maarten to see if they have a position on tourists getting robbed like this. Just a thought.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline