TravelTalkOnline

Orient shacks??

Posted By: EdB

Orient shacks?? - 09/09/2019 10:31 PM

Haven't seen anything here for awhile regarding the Orient beach bars. Does anyone have any update at all on the likes of LaString, Orange Fever, Aloha, Pedros and the rest? These poor folks now have been ''out of work'' for a full two years. Hoping these folks are doing okay. Any update will be appreciated.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Orient shacks?? - 09/09/2019 11:22 PM

In June this year, I saw ONE of them being worked on, with concrete block walls up, but I understand basically nothing has happened since then. I guess they are waiting until after hurricane season is over.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Orient shacks?? - 09/10/2019 01:43 AM

That one with the walls up started back in March when we were there. Boy are they slow there....those poor owners and employees that have now been out of work for two full years now. It's so sad.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Orient shacks?? - 09/10/2019 02:09 AM

Hopefully they found other income means.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Orient shacks?? - 09/10/2019 02:19 AM

Luc from orange fever his wife & I can't remember her name was co-owner I think with cristophe (sp) at La Villa before Irma. Anyone know if she still is?
Posted By: tampa bay

Re: Orient shacks?? - 09/10/2019 11:12 AM

Leandra`s is being rebuilt right at this moment
Posted By: mahokid

Re: Orient shacks?? - 09/10/2019 11:27 AM

Florence is still co owner of the Villa and just returned this week from vacation, there son is now 15. I can remember when he was just a young tot.
Although we did not see his set up, Luc just reopened on Orient this week. Maybe chairs only and definitely not in the old orange Fever area as it looked sad.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Orient shacks?? - 09/10/2019 11:53 AM

tampa bay--I think Leandra is the one that was under construction back in June. Are they currently actively working on it??
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Orient shacks?? - 09/10/2019 12:48 PM

This is good news. Hope to see him in January!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline