TravelTalkOnline

Blue Bitch Bar

Posted By: bonsie

Blue Bitch Bar - 09/15/2019 02:56 PM

We will be on the island next week for a day off cruise ship. We usually stay for a week or two but, a cruise ship is another way of visiting the island. Would anyone know the hours of the Blue Bitch Bar on the boardwalk? I believe we are going to just stay on Great Bay beach and wanting go to there for lunch. Thanks to all.
Bob & Nancy
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Blue Bitch Bar - 09/15/2019 03:05 PM

Unless they are closed for vacation, they definitely would be open for LUNCH. Breakfast or dinner, maybe not, but lunch definitely.

Re: Blue Bitch Bar - 09/15/2019 03:09 PM

Thanks for your help. Every time we are on the island, I say we are are going to try it for lunch and never do. This I'm going to do it.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Blue Bitch Bar - 09/15/2019 03:15 PM

According to what I see on Google with regards to Touloula Mango's, (same ownership with Blue Bitch Bar being upstairs) the hours are 11:00am-9:30pm every day.

Re: Blue Bitch Bar - 09/15/2019 03:17 PM

No problem. Enjoy!

Just to make your choice a bit more complicated, don't forget that Antoine's is right there on the Boardwalk. French cuisine, for those jonesing for that!!

Re: Blue Bitch Bar - 09/15/2019 03:36 PM

Carol, thanks again for you reply. we have dined at Antoine's a few times in the past and really enjoyed it....it might happen again. lol

Re: Blue Bitch Bar - 09/15/2019 03:44 PM

We have eaten there once and enjoyed it over all. Just remember, if you want that souffle', you have to order it with your meal, to have time to get it cooked!
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Blue Bitch Bar - 09/15/2019 06:41 PM

I know your question was about Blue Bitch, and while we love their airport bar, we haven't enjoyed our lunches there in Philipsburg. You might want to try Ouilachi, also on the boardwalk, and with much better food and service, in my humble opinion.
Posted By: megamania

Re: Blue Bitch Bar - 09/15/2019 06:48 PM

We always stop at Blue Bitch Bar in Phillipsburg, and so far, have not been dissappointed. Guess that happens...all places can have bad days??
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Blue Bitch Bar - 09/15/2019 06:51 PM

Very true. I always give a spot two chances...............
Posted By: SXMFOX

Re: Blue Bitch Bar - 09/15/2019 07:32 PM

We were by there the other day, they are open. They are very busy during cruise days, looks like everyone was having a lot of fun, I thought I saw them also serving down to the beach as well. Have fun!
Posted By: Tammy

Re: Blue Bitch Bar - 09/15/2019 07:49 PM

I also find it to be a fun place.
Used to frequent when we used to stay at Holland House.

Service used to be great.
Food good enough.
Great cocktails.
Also nice B52.
Decent prices.
Beers cold to perfection. ( it's crazy the difference it makes to taste)
Funny t-shirts.

I say used to because I haven't been for a while not because I have ever had a bad experience.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Blue Bitch Bar - 09/15/2019 09:04 PM

Be careful of the "bait and switch" at the Bitch. Sign outside read one price for rib dinner then inside quoted another price. When I pointed out the sign waitress went out and removed it, said it was last weeks special. Next time on boardwalk passed the sign out again. And we agree with GAKay, not the best food. Antoines's a better choice.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Blue Bitch Bar - 09/15/2019 09:20 PM

Not sure if Blue Bitch and Touloula Mango's share a kitchen or not but it is likely the same food regardless. I have tried the latter several times and found it to be inconsistent (both food and service) at best. 15% added to your bill assures mediocre service in a lot of cases. They pretty much cater to the cruise ship crowd.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Blue Bitch Bar - 09/15/2019 11:04 PM

We usually either go to greenhouse or burger madness depending on what side of boardwalk we are on when the urge to eat hits us.
Posted By: Tammy

Re: Blue Bitch Bar - 09/15/2019 11:49 PM

Green House is really nice.
I'd say it's a pretty romantic atmosphere.

Rosemary
Experiences like the Bait and Switch you just described really turn me off a place.
It's one thing if the kitchen's having a bad night or the server absent minded these things I can forgive easily.. I think maybe she's having a hard time.
I cut them slack.
We're all human.
But a Bait and Switch, I can't forgive.
That's reprehensible.

If I haven't been to a place before I appreciate when the menu is outside so I get an idea of the price.
I don't expect to be tricked that way.
Posted By: megamania

Re: Blue Bitch Bar - 09/16/2019 01:03 PM

Wow,,,will watch for that,,,guess I am just too trusting...thanks for the tip! I would not appreciate those tactics,,,no matter how much fun I was having.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline